Lane Kiffin Celebrates Amari Cooper Touchdown Right After Snap

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
For several games, I've noticed when we score, Kiffin jumps around like a happy puppy but when he looks to Saban, Saban is all stern and sometimes even grumpy. :)

Somebody call up Saban on that radio show and tell him to ease up on ol' Kif just a tad, we don't want to lose him.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Well... Maybe. Coop still got open on some of those plays Sims just didn't have a good day. Bama as a whole had a bad day! Sims has begun to read the field well.
I agree. It was crazy in the Ole Miss game whenever Sims just started his passing motion towards Cooper or even looked his way; 2 Ole Miss players would be on Cooper and a 3rd would immediately run towards him. I think Freeze was going all-out to stop Bama from the big play.

Sims had a couple of successful passes away from Cooper after giving him a look. This type of defense should be vunerable when the QB can take advantage of the numbers elsewhere on the field.

I agree. It was crazy in the Ole Miss game whenever Sims just started his passing motion towards Cooper or even looked his way; 2 Ole Miss players would be on Cooper and a 3rd would immediately run towards him. I think Freeze was going all-out to stop Bama from the big play.

Sims had a couple of successful passes away from Cooper after giving him a look. This type of defense should be vunerable when the QB can take advantage of the numbers elsewhere on the field.
That whole day was weird. After the Drake injury, we weren't the same team.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
You can say that about most teams we faced this year.

we had good recievers in the past but AC has all the skills, he gets open yes, but like GD said a QB has a 10 ft radius when throwing to him. His hands & eye control is something I have never seen like it at Alabama. Just get the ball near him & it's caught. We had a Great WR here that some games just had a lot of drops, you just don't see that with AC.
And QB had/has zero radius when throwing to that Great WR. Had/has no knack for running under the ball.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I've watched that video 420 times it's so cool. A friend saw it live and asked if I did, didn't. Went home last night and found it and was just an amazing watch. Everything about it, from start to finish. Like to see a few of those against Mizzou too and Kiffin should wrap the award up! Saban should get an award for hiring him too.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Our offense with Coach Kiffin calling the plays is the best offense in college football & the most explosive we've ever had at Bama..Double down on Coop & we go to opposite side of the field or it opens up our running game..When our running game is hitting on all cylinders..It's game over & we will have a field day offensively..And when every WR is covered it opens up the middle for Blake to take off with the ball & grab a big chunk of yards running the ball..Kiffin is like a kid going into a candy store, all wide eye'ed, at all the possibilities we can do on offense..And for any DC trying to game-plan against our offense..It's dang if you do & dang if you don't..Pick your poison & we will burn you one way or the other with our offense..

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I like that brashness and that attitude. I think the team benefits from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also like that after weeks of complaints about Blake Sims' inability to throw the deep ball, his pass travels almost 60 yards and lands on a quarter.

Last edited:

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I hope to see Kiffin do this several more times in the next month and a half.

Speaking of, if he can do it on long TD passes another time or two, the gesture could work as a decoy on a planned delayed QB run sometime. :)

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
For several games, I've noticed when we score, Kiffin jumps around like a happy puppy but when he looks to Saban, Saban is all stern and sometimes even grumpy. :)

Somebody call up Saban on that radio show and tell him to ease up on ol' Kif just a tad, we don't want to lose him.
purple. So it's sarcastic but serious.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.