Does Gus leave after this?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Have to slightly disagree. His problem seems to be he has no clue what plays to run, inside the 5 yard line.

Kick, barnie, kick. We'll let you have the FG.
he also comes across as an arrogant prig who can't fathom that he may not be as awesome as he thinks. that can sometimes lead to long term success, but it usually results in motorcycle wrecks with your mistress ;)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
he also comes across as an arrogant prig who can't fathom that he may not be as awesome as he thinks. that can sometimes lead to long term success, but it usually results in motorcycle wrecks with your mistress ;)
Yea he was dancing and hollering BOOM! all over the field in the 1st half, I loved watching him throw a fit the whole 2nd half.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep. D is our Achilles heel, and has been since Tommy was forced out.
As long as Gus is your coach it will continue too. You can't have a fast paced offense like y'all run and expect to have a great D too. It just doesn't happen. You score too quick and your tired defense is right back on the field.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
As long as Gus is your coach it will continue too. You can't have a fast paced offense like y'all run and expect to have a great D too. It just doesn't happen. You score too quick and your tired defense is right back on the field.
I don't think that's the problem is scoring too quick, though we do score with big plays fairly often. I think the D is on the field in a lot of games because of the offense's proclivity for quick three and outs. When our O is humming, we own time of possession.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I've thought all along that the outcome of tonight's game would have a big impact on Gus's future. Does anyone believe he tries his luck in the NFL now?
I doubt the NFL has much interest in his simple offense. With the NFL corners and safeties, you don't often see the mismatches that he had with those 2 big receivers. I could only see him leaving if he's offered a job at a more prestigious or bigger college program, like Vandy or Boise State.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
but it can still lead to 4 losses.
I'm not going to say it wouldn't lead to four losses. But for all of the "Auburn is weak" or "We dominate them now" talks because of our better talent at QB or whatever position, Auburn sure can keep this rivalry close, and even win some with perceived less talented players.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
No. Gus will stay where he is and I'm hoping Will Muschamp gets a job outside the SEC instead of a DC job inside the SEC.
I here you and agree, personally I think any school like the barn that runs the basketball on turf type offense will find it hard to keep a good defensive coordinator around. Think about it even if the defense does there job and gets off the field their offense puts them right back out there. Over the course of the game that will wear on you and I just do not think most defense coaches will want to deal with it. If you look at the teams that run this crap see how many of them actually have a decent defense, they just rely on out scoring people. The barn looks all great scoring 40 + a game but in the end they are still 8-4.And if the Baylors and the Oregons were in a stiffer conference they would likley be about the same.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.