Iron Bowl 2014 - Radio Call

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
This is the radio broadcast of the game. There are a few minor breaks in coverage. Nothing that takes away from the game though.

One thing I noticed. The guys are obviously "homers" but give credit to Auburn where it is due. You don't hear that from the opposing radio hosts.

Enjoy, and I will have the video and audio up this evening if things go as planned.

ROLL TIDE!

Love you Tom Roberts and you will be missed!

IRON BOWL 2014

DOWNLOAD LINK

Also, the meeting with CNS is at the end.

Last edited:

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
Thanks for your work in providing this. Funny, my local radio station had Eli and the crew over a play ahead of the television, finally got too weird and had to turn if off. It did help the tension though, somehow knowing when the results of a play sucked made it easier to watch on the tube!

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
Yea, it's always like that. Used to you could listen and watch and have them synced. They increased the delay on TV and that doesn't work anymore. Glad you enjoy it!

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
The audio alone doesn't take too long now that i'm getting used to it to be honest.

Funny thing about the video and audio. Some key points I use to sync the two are kickoffs where the crowd yells "roooooooll tide roll" so I can sync it up to when toe touches leather. Another key point are penalties when the referee announces the infraction. I can sync to his lips much easier. Just a quick look into what I do :) Im falling behind on the video right now but should have it done by tomorrow evening.

The Miss State game was a hit at nearly 15k views in 2 weeks. So I look forward to getting this one up.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I have been listening to this throughout the day and I finally got to Henry's last touchdown. Probably my favorite call this whole year.

Eli

"TOUCHDOWN ALABAMA"

Phil

"I am going to say it....ALABAMA IS GOING TO WIN THE FOOTBALL GAME"

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
I have been listening to this throughout the day and I finally got to Henry's last touchdown. Probably my favorite call this whole year.

Eli

"TOUCHDOWN ALABAMA"

Phil

"I am going to say it....ALABAMA IS GOING TO WIN THE FOOTBALL GAME"
It was actually sweeter than that! "Alabama is going to win the football game, but we're used to it. Nobody is going on the field tonight!"

I think that was when he said that. Good stuff!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It was actually sweeter than that! "Alabama is going to win the football game, but we're used to it. Nobody is going on the field tonight!"

I think that was when he said that. Good stuff!

It is actually a play off of the Auburn radio call from last year. The Auburn guys said the same exact thing. Someone tweeted Phil about it, and he said he waited a year to say that. Now you know why his voice was so electric.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I did not :( Guess I should have. Didn't even think about it.

Turns out, they have it online! Here it is: http://www.auburntigers.com/collegesportslive/?media=458002

2hr45min in is their second drive where they had to settle for their second field goal after being 1st and goal from the 7. Love listening to these guys whining :)

Omg they are whining about the personal foul of the late hit on Cooper. They said Cooper dragged him...and it was his fault. Haha. What a bunch of babies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.