Question: Who thought Sylve had an int?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I know its a moot point but just curious how you all saw it. All camera angles seemed to show a Bray catch except one that showed the Marshall pass clearly hit Sylve in the chest and he pull it in.
Glad this didn't effect the outcome of the game.

Last edited:

CrimsonTut

1st Team
Jul 24, 2000
Franklin, TN
I initially thought it was an Auburn reception. After watching the replays I thought it was an INT. Mike Pereira even Tweeted he thought it should've been Bama's ball.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...s-refs-calls-rules-replay-mike-pereira-112914

Let’s look at the NCAA Rule Book, Part 2, under "interpretations'' for the answer. Under the Completed Pass, Article 6, rule 7-3-6, section 2: Two opposing players receive a legal forward pass while both are off the ground, and one payer returns to the ground inbounds before the other. Ruling: No simultaneous catch. The legal forward pass is completed or intercepted by the player who first returned to the ground.

Last edited:

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
I think that was one of those situations where the play stands as called because the evidence wasn't strong enough to support an overturn. Had the call gone the other way it would have stood too. Looking at these pictures...I think it was a bad call.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
At a minimum Sylvie had half of it. So the tie went to the runner I guess. I thought they should have called incomplete at the very least.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
When I saw it, I didn't think either really had full possession before sylve was out of bounds. I didn't even think INT until the announcers mentioned it.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
That was a horrible call. That play was either one of two things: An incomplete pass or an interception.

I don't normally complain about individual bad calls because the best way to avoid being affected by them is to have enough of a lead so that they don't have an impact. But in this particular game, the officiating was lousy at worst and poor at best.

The crew missed 576,209 holding calls and at least 332 hands to the face.

I exaggerate to make the point that officiating in the SEC is getting as bad as it is in the Big 12. It's not just in our games, either. It's a league wide problem and it's been that way for far too long.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
It's terrible when I know the rules more than the official. I knew it was an interception. I told my wife it was an interception after the replay because Bama had both hands on the ball. Auburn had one and Sylvie came down first in bounds. I was just flabbergasted when they confirmed the Auburn catch. I thought at worse they would say the play stands as called but to confirm it shows the SEC replay official is just as bad as the other SEC officials.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I initially thought is was a tie so it was an AU reception. After seeing the clear photos and especially the rule regarding the 1st player to contact the ground, I know this was a Bama interception.

WPtider

1st Team
Jan 10, 2006
DC
It looked like Sylve had it and was out of bounds. The real discussion is the improvement Sylve showed from game 1 last night and if he is the answer as the starter going forward? Coming out of Ms State I thought our secondary had improved. Coming out of WCU I thought E. Jackson was our best corner and C. Jones was pretty weak. Last night C. Jones played pretty well and Jackson was bad. They dictated a few match ups with Williams being covered by M Smith but we managed that pretty well. I think the only consistency in the secondary is the improvement Nick Perry has shown.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.