Question: Who thought Sylve had an int?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
We put Brown in and then replaced him with Sylve.
Maybe because Sylve was torched in the first game of the season, and coach wanted him to redeem himself in the last game of the season? He played a good game, I was impressed.

Pick or out of bounds, no other way it should of been called.

Last edited:

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
As I said in another thread, we shouldn't expect anything else with Rocky "Top" Goode in the review booth.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
This call was totally wrong for one reason, there is NO WAY that you can call that possession while the Auburn receiver was in bounds. To complete a catch you have to have firm possession so the correct call should have been incomplete pass. The fact that Sylve was contesting for it is meaningless unless you consider the fact that Sylve was closer to having possession while they were in bounds than the Auburn receiver.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Sylve replaced Jackson after he got beat the second time. I never saw Brown in the game.
Brown was in on the short TD pass where the barn ran a pick play.

Yes, Sylve got torched in the first game, but in hindsight the guy that torched him is the second best receiver in the country behind Amari and has torched EVERY CB he's gone against. maybe Sylve isn't as bad as we thought he was.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
At a minimum Sylvie had half of it. So the tie went to the runner I guess. I thought they should have called incomplete at the very least.
by rule, it should have been an interception. Its not a simultaneous catch if both players are off the ground...the player who lands first is awarded the catch.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
everybody watching except Barn fans and the refs.
Actually, the initial call by the Refs was an interception, and it was Bama's ball. I wish I had a clip to show it, but I saw the call at the game live, and then saw it again on the TV replay. The first call made by any zebra was to point toward Bama's end zone. I have no idea how it got reversed on the field to become a Barn reception.

Last edited:

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Maybe you are right; I know I admire him for how he came in and played. No doubt he made an impact in the game and good for him. It could not have been easy on the bench after that first game.
Brown was in on the short TD pass where the barn ran a pick play.

Yes, Sylve got torched in the first game, but in hindsight the guy that torched him is the second best receiver in the country behind Amari and has torched EVERY CB he's gone against. maybe Sylve isn't as bad as we thought he was.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Actually, the initial call by the Refs was an interception, and it was Bama's ball. I wish I had a clip to show it, but I saw the call at the game live, and then saw it again on the TV replay. The first call made by any zebra was to point toward Bama's end zone. I have no idea how it got reversed on the field to become a Barn reception.
Yup, look at the 17 second mark and you can see the head linesman point our way.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He should've got another chance earlier this season... redeem himself.. I think we all weren't sure about him... We could see more of him going forward... he now has a chance to take Jackson's spot this weekend. ( unlikely) Tony Brown messed up on that Auburn Touchdown play...As soon the ball was snapped he was out of hte position. he's gonna be real good one fo rus, just gotta learn through mistakes. Marlon Humprehey will go through growing pain next year.
Maybe you are right; I know I admire him for how he came in and played. No doubt he made an impact in the game and good for him. It could not have been easy on the bench after that first game.

TideHead

All-SEC
May 19, 2003
Yup, look at the 17 second mark and you can see the head linesman point our way.
When I was at the game, I saw that too and could not understand how AU got the ball back. But, after watching the replay, I determined that what he was actually doing was motioning for the chain crew to come down the field. Just before the signal you are talking about, notice the head linesman gives the catch signal. He is ruling a catch for AU all the way.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
When I was at the game, I saw that too and could not understand how AU got the ball back. But, after watching the replay, I determined that what he was actually doing was motioning for the chain crew to come down the field. Just before the signal you are talking about, notice the head linesman gives the catch signal. He is ruling a catch for AU all the way.
I think you're right....good catch (no pun intended!).

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I think the point that is getting lost is that our stinking officials don't know the rules of college football. They didn't make a questionable judgment call, they didn't miss whether someone's foot was on the line, they didn't know the rule, even with a long time out to figure it out.

The coaches, players and fans of the best conference in college football deserve better.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
We never would have heard the end of it if it had been ruled correctly. Would have been just as controversial correct as it is incorrect. The FG that resulted from it would have never happened, therefore the 34-3 run would have become a 37-0 or 41-0 run! Anyone think Bama would not have scored after the play had it been ruled correctly? Didn't think so. That play would have been deemed as the play that cost them the game.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.