Link: OL Experience Bama vs. Barn

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I know this has been discussed before but I just wanted to bring it up again. At the beginning of the season our OL had a combined 37 starts, the barn's had 113...let that soak in for a moment. Our OL has taken a lot of heat at times during the year....from me included...but I would rather be in our situation than that other team. I'm excited about the future of our linemen...

As a comparison, at the beginning of the 2012 season, our OL had 95 combined starts and some say that was the best OL ever in college football...the barners missed their window this year as far as OL's go...if their defense doesn't improve and with the experience loss from the OL, next year could be rough for the Gus Bus...RTR

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2014/JUNE14/DBJune16.html

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Interesting ranking in the link. MSU and AU are near the top (Memphis having a good season so I noticed they are near the top as well). Bama, UT, and LSU are down near the bottom.

As for the OL, Alabama has 3 seniors starting so what can we expect for next season? Also, for this year, starting a freshman on the offensive line tends to bring the total down even with several experienced starters. I don't know how Juco's fit in the analysis as well.

Some positions at Alabama may "never" have a senior starting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.