Ellis Johnson out at Auburn

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The HUNH offense claims another. Those offenses sure make defenses look bad... especially their own defense.
Yep and things won't change either. I don't care who they hire, they'll never have a top 5 defense with Gus was HC. Even Ole Miss was known for their defense because their offense sucked this year. You just can't have both with the HUNH.

I love how the barn gives extensions a year before they fire folks. I need a job there!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The HUNH offense claims another. Those offenses sure make defenses look bad... especially their own defense.
Yeah, I don't think he really did such a terrible job given what he had to work with. You just can't have a good defense if you have a really aggressive HUNH offense. It's kind of like the pre-humidor days at Coors field. No starting pitcher did good, period.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Yeah, I don't think he really did such a terrible job given what he had to work with. You just can't have a good defense if you have a really aggressive HUNH offense. It's kind of like the pre-humidor days at Coors field. No starting pitcher did good, period.
By the end of the game Auburn's D had nothing in the tank. The fatigue started in the first half when Auburn continued to score so quickly every time they got the ball. These HUNH coaches have no respect for defensive coaches or players and put them in bad positions with their coaching philosophy...surely Muschamp doesn't want to deal with that.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Coach EJ gets thrown under the Gus Bus. The firing of coordinators is usually the first step on the road to a HC getting fired himself. Let the countdown clock commence.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Another thing we have to think about for Auburn is they still got some people on payroll, so that could hurt them from offering Muschamp some $$$, unless he takes less money to be with Auburn, which is unlikely. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif] I think we'll see more coaching candidates becoming available in next few days... I dont' like the idea of Muschamp name tied to Auburn given his history with AD there. Can he truly take what Auburn has on defense and fix it? IT could take him two years before improving... [/FONT]

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Gus fires his DC less than 24 hours after blaming the loss on his offense. It's a hot mess and hilarious to watch. Hopefully they linger in the football desert of mediocrity for the next 20 years.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.