Tammy calls PAWL

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
A guy at church asked me about some nut lady that called Finebaum's show. He said, "you know, she gives the south a bad reputation."

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Anyone listen to the live in game PawwwwL show. I listened a few times, I kind of liked it. I liked the guys examining plays . I didn't like the 'regular' pawl callers. They should of let more regular people call in and comment on the game instead of Tammy, Phyllis, Jim and whoever.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Phyllis had her moment in the sun yesterday too. This morning on Sportscenter, ESPN played her call into Paul's show while showing clips from the game. Priceless!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Anyone listen to the live in game PawwwwL show. I listened a few times, I kind of liked it. I liked the guys examining plays . I didn't like the 'regular' pawl callers. They should of let more regular people call in and comment on the game instead of Tammy, Phyllis, Jim and whoever.
It was my go to during commercials, and I thought it was excellent. It was awesome to hear experts analyzing all the details of the plays we had just seen, and I swear GMac is a rising star within ESPN. I didn't hear many of the callers because most of the time I flipped over it was shortly after scoring plays and they were breaking them down.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
It was my go to during commercials, and I thought it was excellent. It was awesome to hear experts analyzing all the details of the plays we had just seen, and I swear GMac is a rising star within ESPN. I didn't hear many of the callers because most of the time I flipped over it was shortly after scoring plays and they were breaking them down.
i thought it was good, too. Really enjoyed the analysis of the plays from the panel by people who have actually played in the SEC and Iron Bowl. I learned quite a bit.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I listened to Finebaum on the radio a few times but refuse to do so ever again because of the regular callers like Tammy and Phyllis. If they were eliminated it would be so much better.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I started out by watching the regular broadcast with JP & BM, but after about the 1st qtr (& growing tired of JP's cliches) I watched the rest of the game with Finebaum & company. I thought it was great. Of course, we had to deal with the "callers", but the insight from the panel & especially McElroy was tremendous. I wish more game were broadcast in the manner. (minus the callers of course) It was far superior to the regular broadcast.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I started out by watching the regular broadcast with JP & BM, but after about the 1st qtr (& growing tired of JP's cliches) I watched the rest of the game with Finebaum & company. I thought it was great. Of course, we had to deal with the "callers", but the insight from the panel & especially McElroy was tremendous. I wish more game were broadcast in the manner. (minus the callers of course) It was far superior to the regular broadcast.
I know what you mean about JP. I don't know how many times I heard in one breath that you can tell Duke Williams is not 100%, and the next breath he is close to 100%. I guess when the game is 4 hours long due to commercials, etc. you have to have something to talk about. I think overall ESPN did a crappy job on the coverage.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I know what you mean about JP. I don't know how many times I heard in one breath that you can tell Duke Williams is not 100%, and the next breath he is close to 100%. I guess when the game is 4 hours long due to commercials, etc. you have to have something to talk about. I think overall ESPN did a crappy job on the coverage.
we needed Nessler and Blackledge calling the game.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It bothers me Finebaum puts those freaks on the radio...the more outrageous and offensive they are the better the caller they are. Finebaum does it to mock the fan bases he depends on to make his living. "I'll put these idiots on the phone so everybody can join me laughing at these rednecks."

The national interviews he does are good but they don't offset the way he tarts up his program with the embarrassing rants.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
It bothers me Finebaum puts those freaks on the radio...the more outrageous and offensive they are the better the caller they are. Finebaum does it to mock the fan bases he depends on to make his living. "I'll put these idiots on the phone so everybody can join me laughing at these rednecks."

The national interviews he does are good but they don't offset the way he tarts up his program with the embarrassing rants.
You're right and ESPN loves having access to the sound bites so they can mock our state and both schools.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I was pretty sure Greg would be great as an analyst, but I've been really surprised how good Booger McFarland is. He may look like someone wedged the Hulk into a suit with a crowbar, but he really knows his stuff and is very smooth on air. Greg, Booger and Dari Nowkhah do a great job on the SEC Network, IMO.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.