Latest News on Recruits after Auburn game

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This page haven't been reallly updated lately... What's the latest news on those players we are trying to recruit for next year? Does anyone knows what's the status on Florida targets? Auburn?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
moving up #1 RB Damien Harris' list....still believe UK is our biggest threat, not tOSU

WR Lawrence Cager has fallen in love with Bama

I think it is only a matter of time before Adonis Thomas is in the fold, but also depending on who UF hires.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
moving up #1 RB Damien Harris' list....still believe UK is our biggest threat, not tOSU

WR Lawrence Cager has fallen in love with Bama

I think it is only a matter of time before Adonis Thomas is in the fold, but also depending on who UF hires.
If Freeze goes to UF does that help us flip Leo Lewis?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
If Freeze goes to UF does that help us flip Leo Lewis?
Quite a few people believe we have moved on from Lewis, although crazier things have certainly happened. If he were to renege on Ole Miss, I still tend to think that MSU would become his likely destination. Seems like he wants to stay in-state.

And, in any event, I really don't think the Freeze-to-Florida rumors will ever materialize into anything. I think that's mainly just your typical coaching mill rumor designed mainly at getting someone a raise.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Some of the biggest news this weekend, to me, was that we have seemingly solidified things with Minkah Fitzpatrick. Official visit went extremely well, and we needed that to make certain we hold onto him down the stretch run. I haven't been too worried about him reneging, but the obvious caveats are Tuscaloosa is a long way from New Jersey and Urban Meyer and James Franklin are as good as anyone on the recruiting trails. Hopefully that sealed the deal.

I've personally been a bit sanguine on Kendall Sheffield, but he keeps on making the trip back to Tuscaloosa on his own dime. Not sure how the numbers would work on him, but my inclination is we would find a way to fit him in.

Damien Harris should be watched very closely. We are closing strong with him, and although I think Kentucky had a strong position for quite some time, their late season collapse (5-1 start followed by 6 straight losses and missing out on a bowl game) is really going to make them march into a strong headwind here down the stretch. Also worth noting that Kentucky's lead in-state recruiter, Neal Brown, has left to take the HC job at Troy, which is another problem for Kentucky as we enter the stretch run. We should get added boosts from the SECCG and postseason play, and playing time will be an easier pitch to make when Yeldon officially enters the NFL Draft in January. With the departure OF Yeldon and the uncertain status of Drake (who will be a senior next season, I might add, and will only be in T'town for one season during Harris' career), early playing time is a very real possibility, and that should help us a great deal. Not sure if we will get the name on the dotted line, but we are a very serious player in this one.

Last edited:

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Will be interesting to see how it comes down. Kentucky gets his last visit and I think it comes down to KY or Bama. Hope we closed strong and made it compelling for him.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Stoops has done a really good job of keeping local recruits at Kentucky..And has went head to head & won for a couple recruits against Coach Saban..It surprises me & it's impressive what Stoops has done recruiting wise at Kentucky..And he seems to be coaching up his players, cause they're a scrappy bunch, and they put up a fight during games..I won't be shocked should a bigger school comes calling & steals Stoops away from Kentucky before long..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Stoops has done a really good job of keeping local recruits at Kentucky..And has went head to head & won for a couple recruits against Coach Saban..It surprises me & it's impressive what Stoops has done recruiting wise at Kentucky..And he seems to be coaching up his players, cause they're a scrappy bunch, and they put up a fight during games..I won't be shocked should a bigger school comes calling & steals Stoops away from Kentucky before long..
After this season that will be a tougher sell. They tanked so far south that his line of playing for championships at UK will begin to sound hollow. I think this helps us with Kentucky recruits.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
After this season that will be a tougher sell. They tanked so far south that his line of playing for championships at UK will begin to sound hollow. I think this helps us with Kentucky recruits.
If you want to be part of a championship at Kentucky, football is not the way to go.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Absolutely believe you're right. It's much harder to sell the "bright future ahead" pitch the further a coach gets into his tenure and when that pitch seems to be contradicted by the on-field results. When you drop six straight games in the second half of year two, well, only the true believers are going to buy that argument.

Stoops is a solid recruiter and he's got a good staff of recruiters underneath him, so I think he'll probably still do relatively well come this February, but the overall success is likely to be a significant step back from what they did a year ago. Think his class this season will feature a lot more kids who just naturally want to play at Kentucky. With their late season collapse, the actual results just aren't good enough to sway that many fence-sitters.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.