Pick the score: Missouri vs. Alabama (SECCG)

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Ugh, back to work this morning after a nice break, but looking forward to a great game this weekend. Anyway, one set of Tigers are behind us, and we get another set this weekend. Coming into the game I was hoping we would play Missouri. I haven't watched much of any of their games besides a little of the TN and the Arky games so I don't know much about them. Looking at the game Friday, they have a good QB, receiver, and two running backs (that I know of). I also don't think their receiver is a mammoth like Coates.

I think the Iron Bowl was a fluke of sorts in that I don't see a team racking up that many yards against our defense again, who decided to play their worst half of football last Saturday. Our boys have resiliency, and I think we walk away SEC champions this year.

Bama wins 31-17

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
You almost get lost in the Iron Bowl victory. Can't believe we are going back to the SECCG. And once again we will win the SEC!!

34-20

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Both Alabama and Mizzou coming off huge wins, so no advantage to either team to be gained there. An extra day of rest for Mizzou, but I really don't see that providing an edge.

Mizzou puts a lot of pressure on the QB and forces quick decisions. Their secondary is weak, but they run a zone which has presented problems for Sims in previous games.

I don't want to compare stats. Mizzou looks to be a very solid team when you examine their numbers, but their schedule has been questionable. If their performance against Arkansas is truly representative of their defensive strengths, you are going to struggle running the ball unless you can keep them honest with a solid passing game.

I'll accept both teams at face value and pick Alabama to win 35 - 17. I could also see this game looking more like 23-13, but with Alabama still on top. IMO, for Mizzou to win, Alabama has to fall on its face.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
31-20 Bama.

A tough game but DeAndrew White makes a few plays to support Amari's typical excellence.

B

BamaJ

Absolute beatdown. Bama is battle tested and they see the finish line clearer than before. 42-10

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Mizzou was only blown off the field once. Admittedly to a team constructed similarly to our own, but I don't think this Mizzou team is prone to get boatraced.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
This game is a great matchup for us. Who we fooling? Slowly over this week Mizzou will get hyped up and people will start to question the outcome of the game, but if you asked any of us weeks ago what do you think we would do to Mizzou it would be an overwhelming response. Dont drink the kool aid, theyre not on our level.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They're good at making games ugly and they might be able to affect our passing game success more than people think. Solid DBs and great front 4 pass rush. We need a good showing from Yeldon and Henry to dull the pass rush.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.