Pick the score: Missouri vs. Alabama (SECCG)

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Ugh, back to work this morning after a nice break, but looking forward to a great game this weekend. Anyway, one set of Tigers are behind us, and we get another set this weekend. Coming into the game I was hoping we would play Missouri. I haven't watched much of any of their games besides a little of the TN and the Arky games so I don't know much about them. Looking at the game Friday, they have a good QB, receiver, and two running backs (that I know of). I also don't think their receiver is a mammoth like Coates.

I think the Iron Bowl was a fluke of sorts in that I don't see a team racking up that many yards against our defense again, who decided to play their worst half of football last Saturday. Our boys have resiliency, and I think we walk away SEC champions this year.

Bama wins 31-17
Exactly what Vegas expects. With Bama at -14, and an O/U at 47 1/2.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think this game is going to be closer than folks think ... Mizzou is playing better down the home stretch and they beat a Hawgs team that has been playing like one of the top 3 teams in the West for the last few games. That being said, the fan in me hopes we win by 3 TDs ... BUT I'm thinking we may only win by 10 points and don't cover.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm expecting another shootout but way lower in yardage and points than the IB.

Mizzou plays teams close (except the UGA anomaly) and has a very good pash rush and a mobile QB that plays in waves like Bo Wallace. You either face a good Maty Mauk or a bad one.

Bama 38
Mizzou 27

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This game is a great matchup for us. Who we fooling? Slowly over this week Mizzou will get hyped up and people will start to question the outcome of the game, but if you asked any of us weeks ago what do you think we would do to Mizzou it would be an overwhelming response. Dont drink the kool aid, theyre not on our level.
if you look closely, many of the folks who were more worried about playing uga than mizzou in the seccg are now the ones wringing their hands about playing mizzou. the hand wringing is the constant in that equation ;)

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Bama 33 Mizzou 22, continuing with the dice roll theme.

We score 4 TDs, 1 FG, 1 safety.
Mizzou scores 5 FGs, and 1 TD.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
if you look closely, many of the folks who were more worried about playing uga than mizzou in the seccg are now the ones wringing their hands about playing mizzou. the hand wringing is the constant in that equation ;)
UGA would be a harder out than Mizzou, but I dont think Mizzou is just going to lie down. UGA's talent and their crowd would keep the game a nail bitter. I think UGA wouldve beaten Tech had Arky won. Mizzou is just a weird football team, they find ways to win with a very mediocre offense. I think we should beat them 45-13 but I just feel it will be a 31-20 game.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
UGA would be a harder out than Mizzou, but I dont think Mizzou is just going to lie down. UGA's talent and their crowd would keep the game a nail bitter. I think UGA wouldve beaten Tech had Arky won. Mizzou is just a weird football team, they find ways to win with a very mediocre offense. I think we should beat them 45-13 but I just feel it will be a 31-20 game.
no one is saying that mizzou is going to lay down, just that we are going to beat them handily. both mizzou and uga had extremely easy roads to the seccg, mizzou travelled their easy road (and along the way struggled to beat many on their realtively easy schedule)

and tech was going to beat uga regardless this year, i predicted it ;)

Last edited:

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
Missouri is 11th in the SEC in total offense; only Tennessee, Florida, and Vandy are worse. That's with a relatively easy schedule in terms of defenses they faced. We will be the most complete team they have seen and the best D by far: BAMA 31-14

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
no one is saying that mizzou is going to lay down, just that we are going to beat them handily. both mizzou and uga had extremely easy roads to the seccg, mizzou travelled their easy road (and along the way struggled to beat many on their realtively easy schedule)

and tech was going to beat uga regardless this year, i predicted it ;)
easy road or not they are still a team in our way. I think we will get two and half quarters of a good game then we pull away , but its going to be key that they dont have a pulse going into the 4th. Mizzou is a different team if it is close going in the fourth since the Indiana game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.