Adam or Gunnar?

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
So after watching Adam kick what I think was a muffed on side kick to open the Iron Bowl, we never saw him again until I think the last PAT. Who kicks a 38 ydr in Atlanta this weekend if called upon for a FGA? I guess JK has kickoff responsibilities now since Im guessing whatever ails Adam is still doing so. Not sure what is up with our kicking game. Anybody know?

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
So after watching Adam kick what I think was a muffed on side kick to open the Iron Bowl, we never saw him again until I think the last PAT. Who kicks a 38 ydr in Atlanta this weekend if called upon for a FGA? I guess JK has kickoff responsibilities now since Im guessing whatever ails Adam is still doing so. Not sure what is up with our kicking game. Anybody know?
Adam has suffered from a groin injury (I think) this season and had back spasms during warm-ups Saturday (if I recall correctly). Hard to do anything with back spasms, much less kick a football.

Given the choice, if Adam is healthy, I'd take him over Gunnar in Atlanta. He's been inconsistent (in part due to injuries), but he's got the game experience and has had a chance to work out the nerves. Don't think I'd want a kid kicking his first meaningful field goal of the season in the SEC Championship game.

But if Griffith is injured, we may not have a choice.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It sure "looked" that way but I find it hard to believe that it was.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It sure "looked" that way but I find it hard to believe that it was.
As I posted in another thread about the kick, Adam's motion was that of an attempted pooch kick. Add the fact Saban wasn't mad, and I get the feeling it was intentional.

I can see Saban not being mad because he understood Adam's injury, but Adam's motion is what seal it for me. Not like he shanked it.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Saban was quoted in the Sunday Huntsville Times that he preferred that Adam be the kicker. Still not sure what that first IB kick off was. Adam is injured.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
In today's press conference Saban said it was a mis-kicked onside attempt. Something about Bloop. If Adam doesn't feel at least 90% by Saturday, you send Gunnar out there for the FG attempt.

I'll bet you our chances of going for a 4th and 2 or 3 in the opponent's territory has gone up exponentially since the Mississippi State game because of this factor. I really hate it for Griffith, who started out pretty well and has huge upside. Hope he gets well soon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.