Feinbaum Show Should be Good Today

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
Not sure this is thread worthy but I can't help but believe that the Paul Feinbaum show should be off the charts today. Can't wait to here tammy.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
When they were up during the game and she was whining about the cheating refs or some such nonsense. I was surprised Charles called in near the end with his "sick as a dog" response. Aubies have been very quiet.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I don't have time to listen to his show during the day...sometimes at the end of the day. But rest assured, the meltdown is coming from that bunch. Between, Tammy, I-Man and Charles, I'm not sure which one is a bigger idiot. They're all fools, and they don't even realize how completely stupid they come across to everybody else!

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I don't have time to listen to his show during the day...sometimes at the end of the day. But rest assured, the meltdown is coming from that bunch. Between, Tammy, I-Man and Charles, I'm not sure which one is a bigger idiot. They're all fools, and they don't even realize how completely stupid they come across to everybody else!
As much as I hate to admit it, Phyllis, Jim from Tuscaloosa and Legend are every bit as bad as Tammy, I-Man and Charles.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Guy at the airport just told me they woulda won if they could have just covered #9. My response was - yeah and we woulda won bigger if we could have covered 18. He had no answer for that -

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Some folks think modern man has descended from visitors, from beyond the stars. The "ancient aliens", if you like.

Others believe mankind evolved from monkeys, apes, or other members of the simian family.

Listening to the mind-numbing nonsense, that is the F-baum show, tends to suggest the latter is more likely.

Not that I have ever listened to it. Going by what others have relayed to me. Why anyone wastes their time on that is something I will never understand. Guess it makes as much sense as soap operas, studio rasslin', or any of the "reality" shows they show promos of (on what used to be The Military Channel) do.

Hope y'all enjoy!!!

</rant> (Time for more chicken soup.)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
well the first 4 hours was weak, and then..... came Tammy with conspiracy theories and Coach Boom to Auburn Theories. typical barners.:biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Over the years, I've had quite a few visitors, from when we're playing teams from outside the region, ask me if Finebaum's callers really are representative of Alabamians in general. I've told them "no," that they're a selected bunch whom he always makes sure get through for the ridicule factor. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to hear they're compensated. I shuddered when I heard he was going national. I'm not qualified to comment, though, never having been able to listen to more than five minutes or so...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Over the years, I've had quite a few visitors, from when we're playing teams from outside the region, ask me if Finebaum's callers really are representative of Alabamians in general. I've told them "no," that they're a selected bunch whom he always makes sure get through for the ridicule factor. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to hear they're compensated. I shuddered when I heard he was going national. I'm not qualified to comment, though, never having been able to listen to more than five minutes or so...
I was convince at one point that they were not real people but 2 or 3 people who worked for the radio station that did character voices.

There was a radio station in Atlanta that had a crew do that. They would have "callers" and "people from the city of Atlanta" call in with crazy new laws and then sit back and wait on others to call in and fall for their shenanigans.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I agree it is a pure waste of time to even attempt to listen to that trash.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Finebaum's personal commentary on the Opening Drive here in Birmingham is insightful, as are his interviews with the guests, typically in the first segment of his own show. He can fall victim to sportsmedia groupthink and hyperbole. But if that's a dealbreaker, you've already stopped listening to radio altogether.

The guests on the OD can often be worthwhile. Jay Barker bends over backwards to be objective, and I have to admit that Al DelGreco has gotten less annoying. Tony Kurre is still a bizarre mashup of Bevis and Butthead with a Labrador Retriever puppy. Some of the "What would happen if....." stuff he comes up with is straight off a George Carlin album.

The minute either Finebaum or the OD guys open for callers, I switch to something more soothing and intellectually stimulating....like fingernails on chalkboard with jackhammers in the background.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Finebaum's personal commentary on the Opening Drive here in Birmingham is insightful, as are his interviews with the guests, typically in the first segment of his own show. He can fall victim to sportsmedia groupthink and hyperbole. But if that's a dealbreaker, you've already stopped listening to radio altogether.

The guests on the OD can often be worthwhile. Jay Barker bends over backwards to be objective, and I have to admit that Al DelGreco has gotten less annoying. Tony Kurre is still a bizarre mashup of Bevis and Butthead with a Labrador Retriever puppy. Some of the "What would happen if....." stuff he comes up with is straight off a George Carlin album.

The minute either Finebaum or the OD guys open for callers, I switch to something more soothing and intellectually stimulating....like fingernails on chalkboard with jackhammers in the background.
I think Jay and Al both do a good job of being objective. I'm not a big "Tone the Bone" fan, but the fact that I've met the guy in person probably has something to do with that. :rolleyes: And, as I've said before, the OD is a morning radio show. I think, by law, morning radio shows have to have one person whose only job is to make peepee and boobie jokes.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.