Any Kenyan Drake Injury Updates?

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Assuming we are fortunate enough and play well enough to beat Missouri this weekend, is there any word on the chance that Kenyan could be healed enough to play a semi-final on January 1 or the final on January 12? I'm not crazy, i just recall back when he got hurt that someone within the program said his surgery went well and that everything wasn't as bad as it appeared back when he got hurt. Just wondering, and hoping he heals well for his future. What a talented player.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There's a thread on Kenyan that has the latest news. Last I posted was that he's walking on treadmill anti gravity kind... And he probably won't work out with the team until spring assuming he doesn't leave

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Doubt we will see him until spring and that may be limited. Let him heal completely. He will be a big contributor next year.
Agreed. Just curious. Wasn't sure how badly he was hurt. Seeing a foot turned around like that could mean a gruesome break that takes a loooong time to heal, or it could be an ankle dislocation that takes far less time to heal. And i believe he broke a bone in lower leg too. Just wasn't sure. He can be the feature star slot player next year, as he was certainly well on his way to that this year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agreed. Just curious. Wasn't sure how badly he was hurt. Seeing a foot turned around like that could mean a gruesome break that takes a loooong time to heal, or it could be an ankle dislocation that takes far less time to heal. And i believe he broke a bone in lower leg too. Just wasn't sure. He can be the feature star slot player next year, as he was certainly well on his way to that this year.
On Twitter, he made a statement to the effect that he had faced that his leg might not ever be what it was before. I didn't like reading that. However, it's easy to get discouraged in a long rehab from a severe injury. I know...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
On Twitter, he made a statement to the effect that he had faced that his leg might not ever be what it was before. I didn't like reading that. However, it's easy to get discouraged in a long rehab from a severe injury. I know...
I saw that. I think its his mentality right now.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep I imagine he is dealing with a ton right now. Probably just venting.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
That would really be sad...rehab is as mentally tough as it is physical...it will probably be 2 years before he is finally as well as he will ever be.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Ive said all along that if there were any chance of him playing again this season, that he'll be back. We still have a month to go before we play that first playoff game. That is a chunk of time. So I am going with a "who knows" at this point.

B

BroadwayJoe777

This was my first fear for sure. I am also wondering about the status of Ole Miss's Treadwell.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
To me this falls somewhere between the Chris Black and Prothro discussions. In the case of Black, he was the hyped receiver coming in until he got injured, and Alabama was beat up at the position so there was constant talk about taking his redshirt off at the end of the season. I think consensus was he could have gone, but there was no reason to.

As far as Prothro went, a lot of us had wishful thinking in terms of when, not if he could be back. The way things went though, it was never realistic he come back at all.

I think Drake is somewhere in the middle. There is a chance he makes a full recovery, but the chance of him being ready to go at any point during this season? It seems terribly unlikely.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`ve never been injured like that but it`s not hard at all to understand how somebody could get down, particularly watching the team go on. Don`t have any idea if Kenyan reads this board, but if you do, just know everyone`s pulling for you guy, and just take one day at a time. You`ll be further along tomorrow than you are today !

okbama

1st Team
Mar 10, 2003
tulsa,ok74103
I broke mine August 11th. It was a very frustrating time. I wasn't allowed to put any weight on it for 8 weeks. The four wheel cart was a real pain. It was my right leg, so no driving, depending on someone else to drive, put the cart in and out of the car.
I'm just now getting where it doesn't hurt to walk normal.

Keep the faith Kenyan, we'll see you int the spring.RTR

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Nudie got Really down during his rehab but Friends, Team & especially Coaches helped him thru it to the degree he has been Outstanding this year. I expect the same will be done for Kenyon

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Didn't like reading that myself, but honestly didn't think much of it. I saw him on the sideline Saturday, and he was moving pretty well, I thought, especially to only be about six weeks post-injury.

We'll see, but I would assume it was just disappointment and venting. You're certainly right, any time you have a serious injury there are a lot of bad days in rehab even if the recovery is ultimately a complete success.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Didn't like reading that myself, but honestly didn't think much of it. I saw him on the sideline Saturday, and he was moving pretty well, I thought, especially to only be about six weeks post-injury.

We'll see, but I would assume it was just disappointment and venting. You're certainly right, any time you have a serious injury there are a lot of bad days in rehab even if the recovery is ultimately a complete success.
Yes, there are a lot and I've been through them. And I'm facing another. I'm having a hip replacement, probably next month, if I can hold off that long...

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
Yes, there are a lot and I've been through them. And I'm facing another. I'm having a hip replacement, probably next month, if I can hold off that long...
Earle, you've been through the mill alright, enough to make you the board's walking wikipedia when it comes to injuries and rehab. I truly hope you can wait until after the CFP games. Hang in there brother.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Earle, you've been through the mill alright, enough to make you the board's walking wikipedia when it comes to injuries and rehab. I truly hope you can wait until after the CFP games. Hang in there brother.
That's what I'm trying to do - put it off until after the NCG. Walking, however, is getting progressively more difficult. I broke my right hip in a ladder fall from 14' about 25 years ago. I think this is the delayed payback...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.