2014 Iron Bowl was the most viewed regular season game in ESPN history!!!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
@ 7.4 rating is the most highly rated, most viewed regular season game in the history of ESPN.
this information was aired on the SEC Network.

The Alabama Crimson Tide always making history. :biga2:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
We live on a main highway, and my brother went outside to get some fresh air, and he said that it was like Christmas. Not many cars on the roads during game time so I'd assume it was a well watched game by the State as well as nationally.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
We live on a main highway, and my brother went outside to get some fresh air, and he said that it was like Christmas. Not many cars on the roads during game time so I'd assume it was a well watched game by the State as well as nationally.
most everyone I know here in SJ ( friends and co workers) all said what a great IB it was. ;)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I believe it, it was a great and entertaining game. I have watched it multiple times. I loved watching one video on YouTube of two Auburn commentators. The look on their faces when we started dominating in the second half is priceless. :)

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I believe it, it was a great and entertaining game. I have watched it multiple times. I loved watching one video on YouTube of two Auburn commentators. The look on their faces when we started dominating in the second half is priceless. :)
This post is worthless without a link. ;)

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
It was an awesome game, and it had interest for a lot of people. Of course, nearly all of Alabama and Auburn fans were watching their teams on the biggest stage so far this year. But also because this game was extremely important to Baylor, TCU, and Ohio State fans because a Bama loss would have given them more security of being in the final 4 in the playoff rankings. Some were just watching for the rivalry. Some to see if excitement in this game could top last year's. Some because they just want Alabama and/or the SEC to finally be left out of the championship game.

Like so often before, the world was watching....and the Tide rolled.

9jack9

Scout Team
Jan 14, 2007
United States
Starting around 2:45:00 is the way to go with that video. Open up the replay on WatchESPN and get the clocks synced up and you've got an hour or so of entertainment.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
It was the type of game that fans in other conferences like. We SEC fans who like defensive games are few. In addition to this the success of the programs, the intense rivalry, and the end of last year's game all equal a ratings dream for ESPN. They couldnt have asked for it to go any different than it did from a ratings perspective.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
It was the type of game that fans in other conferences like. We SEC fans who like defensive games are few. In addition to this the success of the programs, the intense rivalry, and the end of last year's game all equal a ratings dream for ESPN. They couldnt have asked for it to go any different than it did from a ratings perspective.
These type ratings for these type games are why the NCAA will not curtail the up-tempo offenses via rules changes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.