Question: Bo Scarborough eligibility start date

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
When is Bo officially able to start practicing?

Since Bo is officially a gray shirt, he should be able to enroll in January and start classes. I thought someone told me he could practice with the team and even play the bowl game with the team if necessary. I understand that since he hasn't practiced with the team all this season, the likelyhood of him playing is miniscule, but just wondering if it is possible. Also, does anyone know if he has been able to watch practice and how much involvement he could have with the team and playbook this fall?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Saban would never burn an entire year for one game and the player not have been on the team or playing football all year.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I'm almost certain he's not eligible to play in January even as an EE. Moot point.

As far as access, he's not enrolled at UA as far as I know, so he wouldn't have access anyway. He's not really a gray shirt because those guys enroll at UA on their own for the fall before going on scholarship. If they are on campus, they aren't really with the team (roster limits, etc.) because if they were recruited, they would count toward the 25/85 limits (so they'd have to redshirt instead of gray shirt), but I imagine they are in regular contact with players (i.e. Learning system and terminology, doing workouts planned by SC even if not supervised by SC, etc.).

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
When is Bo officially able to start practicing?

Since Bo is officially a gray shirt, he should be able to enroll in January and start classes. I thought someone told me he could practice with the team and even play the bowl game with the team if necessary. I understand that since he hasn't practiced with the team all this season, the likelyhood of him playing is miniscule, but just wondering if it is possible. Also, does anyone know if he has been able to watch practice and how much involvement he could have with the team and playbook this fall?
There is NO way he plays a single snap in the most important game of the year without having been with the team throughout the season...eligible or not.

If we need any playing time from Bo to win this game, we're in serious trouble.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
He can not participate....he actually won't even be an official student until 1/7/15. He can start being an official part of the "conditioning program" then. But, he will not practice with team or travel with team.

Bo will be a true freshman in 2015. He essentially is an "early enrollee" for the class of 2015.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.