Which Underclassmen do you Expect to Declare for the Draft?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Amari Cooper, Landon Collins tight-lipped on NFL decision

If Alabama All-Americans Landon Collins and Amari Cooper are thinking about the NFL, they're most definitely not talking about it.

Not two days before a College Football Playoff semifinal against Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl, and certainly not with a potential national championship game looming 11 days later. The two highly-regarded juniors deflected questions Tuesday about whether they plan to enter the 2015 NFL Draft as the Jan. 15 deadline for declaring approaches.

"You've got to know who you're playing with. I'm playing these guys -- these are my brothers," Collins said. "I don't want to let them down in any way by thinking about something that might possibly be in my future. I want to give them my all. If I have the chance to leave, I want to leave with these rings before anything."

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Now that our season is over and Yeldon didn't reach the magical 1000yds and spent much of the season dinged up, what are the chances that he comes back? he could have an awesome Sr. year. Another year could drastically improve his draft position.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Now that our season is over and Yeldon didn't reach the magical 1000yds and spent much of the season dinged up, what are the chances that he comes back? he could have an awesome Sr. year. Another year could drastically improve his draft position.

Not so sure that another year with us helps Yeldon. The pro scouts have plenty of film for him, he'll get great references from his coaches . . . As much as I would love to have him for another season, the chances of him returning are not good.

Thanks for all you did, TJ.

Bob Minton

1st Team
Dec 4, 2011
No brainer about Amari and Landon. Both are top 15-20 in the mock drafts I've seen. I think you could make a case for TJ to come back but I don't think he will. It's a deep RB class this year and he's been banged up and didn't have his best year. But still, he's I think over 3,000 yds. for his career, can catch out of the back field and block. I don't see any way he improves his stock. Good news if Reed and Pettway are coming back. I think Ragland could improve his stock, but if he got a 'nice little grade' I suspect he may be gone. Defense has a lot of talent next year, should be fun to watch.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
[/U][/U]

Not so sure that another year with us helps Yeldon. The pro scouts have plenty of film for him, he'll get great references from his coaches . . . As much as I would love to have him for another season, the chances of him returning are not good.

Thanks for all you did, TJ.
I thought he was gone but if he is not healthy how will he perform in the combines? I think he could be the best back in college next year if healthy.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Reed and Pettway are excellent run stuffers, but only mediocre pass rushers (unless that is due to the scheme). We need some fast pass rushers to develop.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
JMHO but I just don't see this happening regardless of who comes back next year. We will not have the type of DB's next year that the 2011 team had.
The 2011 D was the greatest defense I've ever seen and is something we will never see again with the way the rules have been skewed towards offense. It was simply an insanely talented, hungry, well coached group.

Next year's D-line will probably be the best D-line Bama has ever had but the further back you go on the defense the weaker it will get.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I believe TJ will declare, but a mid to late draft pick. If he weren't a RB, I'd say he comes back. I haven't seen where he ranks in draftable RB's, but I wouldn't think he would be in the top 5. Gurley, Gordon, Coleman, and Abdullah should all be higher than TJ. Assuming the top 2 RB's are taken in the 2nd RD, TJ might be 4th -6th RD pick. Unfortunately, as a RB, wear and tear of another year in college can/will hurt draft stock. I hope he has his degree if/when he does opt to declare.

I really hope Ragland comes back. He will be the most important piece for next year's defense. Foster just isn't smart enough or technically sound enough to lead. Dion-Hamilton is just young and inexperienced.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Now, Kirby and Nick just need to make up some numbers to show Landon he'll benefit from another year. :wink:
Probably could just show him tape of his situations in man coverage or times he missed a mark over the top in c-1 or c-2

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Probably could just show him tape of his situations in man coverage or times he missed a mark over the top in c-1 or c-2
While that is true, the NFL draft seems to be based more on potential than anything. He will be drafted in the top 20 easily and get paid big bucks to learn what he needs to learn. I wish he would decide to come back, though.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
You guys don't follow the recruiting board, do ya? ;) Our secondary will be much improved next year, and the next, and the next...
Yea I follow recruiting pretty closely. You don't win a lot of games starting true freshman at corner. Especially the way our defense is orchestrated..

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
While that is true, the NFL draft seems to be based more on potential than anything. He will be drafted in the top 20 easily and get paid big bucks to learn what he needs to learn. I wish he would decide to come back, though.
I understand what you and others are saying but I hope he goes pro and gets paid. He has played at a high level for the past two years now. Ragland might need another year, but if these underclass man have a shot to change their lives and their family's it is a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
The 2011 D was the greatest defense I've ever seen and is something we will never see again with the way the rules have been skewed towards offense. It was simply an insanely talented, hungry, well coached group.

Next year's D-line will probably be the best D-line Bama has ever had but the further back you go on the defense the weaker it will get.
I agree with you.

The 2011 defense is the best college defense I've ever seen. I didn't think I would ever say that after seeing the '92 defense. They were both incredible, but I would give a very slight edge to the 2011 defense.

I also agree with you concerning the rules changes favoring the offenses. It seems good defense is becoming a thing of the past thanks to the changes in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.