Which Underclassmen do you Expect to Declare for the Draft?

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
I could see him only being in the 3rd-4th rounds right now but if he came back and had a healthy showcase SR season where he rushed for 1,500+ yrds and 15-20 TD's he could ge into the 1st-2nd round mix.
He needs to go now simply because he won't get even close to enough touches to get those stats next year. He is not as good as Ingram or Lacy or Trent so he won't be as high of a draft choice but probably a 3rd or 4th rd guy.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I could see him only being in the 3rd-4th rounds right now but if he came back and had a healthy showcase SR season where he rushed for 1,500+ yrds and 15-20 TD's he could ge into the 1st-2nd round mix.
Since Yeldon already has 3 seasons of game film, I don't think another season could really affect his stock in any significant positive way and only really only potentially hurt him.

At this point, the biggest factor that could alter his draft slot would be his performance in at the combine and the medical tests done there.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
With the right team, I can see Yeldon having the best NFL career of the Saban era backs. It's still a mystery why so many NFL teams draft running backs that are such a poor fit their system.
You mean like Ingram and the 'Aints? I wish he could get away from there and go somewhere he'd be used correctly. Seems like every time he has a breakout game, because of injuries to the other RBs, they simply go back to their RB committee as soon as possible...

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
You mean like Ingram and the 'Aints? I wish he could get away from there and go somewhere he'd be used correctly. Seems like every time he has a breakout game, because of injuries to the other RBs, they simply go back to their RB committee as soon as possible...
I'm a saints fan...but I agree with you. I was so excited when he went to new Orleans. I hate how he gets blamed for everything that goes wrong. He is terribly under-utilized. As much as I hate to say it. I think he would be better off with another team. (I'm going to go throw up now after typing all this). :frown:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yeldon not being drafted is an absurd line of thinking. I do however honestly think he could raise his stock by playing his senior season.

There is risk financially either way. I think he'll declare and depending on who drafts him he could play great. He probably just won't get the big $$ until his 2nd contract though.
RB's have to think about the number of hits they take over a career and TJ has taken quite a few at Bama. He needs to go now so he lasts as long as possible in the NFL. Mark, Trent and Eddie (was a RS Jr) all left after their junior years and I see all of our future RB's doing it also (I thought Drake would have left this year if not for his injury and I see Derrick doing it next year).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He'll be gone this off season. Since they didn't pick up the fifth year on his contract, he's going to the free agent market and should be a popular pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Coop and Collins are gone. Yeldon is likely to go but I think he could (maybe should) hang around. Ragland stays, reed likely to stay with an outside shot at leaving.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Why do people think Yeldon needs to stay? IT doesn't bode well for the current RB corps we have for next year, and staying another year won't do him any good... What advantage does he have by staying here another year? He'll be gone in second round... He just need a strong combine performance and he'll move up slightly.
Coop and Collins are gone. Yeldon is likely to go but I think he could (maybe should) hang around. Ragland stays, reed likely to stay with an outside shot at leaving.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
You'll get your wish on Monday since he'll be a free agent. I think TJ actually fits the mold of the modern NFL back.

For all the folks who say he isn't as good as other backs at Bama remember the OL they ran behind. Without a doubt Yeldons last two OL were nowhere near the road grating crews Mark or Eddie or Trent had.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I hope Yeldon returns for selfish reason. Time after time he has shown he is the best back on the team. There is no player in high school I would take over him. The only back I would consider taking ahead of him that played this year is Gurley. If he leaves this year he will be no more than the 3rd or 4th back taken. The guy is so under appreciated.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Cooper, Yeldon, Collins are gone for sure.

I think everyone else should and will stay.(Ragland, Lake, Reed, Pettway)

I also think 1 QB will transfer.
This looks about right.

In regards to MI he's off to elsewhere and I hope it's a team that'll use him correctly. The Chargers, Giants, and Dolphins come to mind.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.