Which Underclassmen do you Expect to Declare for the Draft?

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The top three are gone and who can blame them.Coop and Collins should be the first picks at their position. Yeldon may end up going in the second round which is still very good, I think a few backs will be rated higher. Ragland is good and getting better I think he could benefit from another season and be a very high draft pick next year.Reed could also benefit with another year.

Last edited:

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
yeah. amari, tj, and Collins are straight up gone. collins is a first round guy. tj is gone because of the running back clock and he'll be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I dont think Ragland is a first rounder right now so i think he stays. same with reed.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I think Denzel Duvall would have been a possibility had he not been injured for a few games.

I realize Blake Sims is a Sr., but what do you think are his chances at getting drafted. not ideal measurements or experience, but has the highest QBR of any of Saban's QB's (who have all made a NFL roster). Are his chances better getting drafted as a WR or RB? I really hope he can make it into the NFL somehow. He has improved so much and played his heart out. I know his family could use the $$.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Amari Cooper, TJ Yeldon and Landon Collins for sure!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Alabama will lose a few players early, as usual. I think TJ, Cooper and Collins are pretty much locks. It's kind of weird to think too much about Collins since this is his first full year as a starter, but that's one reason that Alabama's secondary tends to be shaky. They don't keep 'em for long...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm kind of glad if it's just those three. All expected to jump at the start of the season, and we're expected. RB got thin fast.....glad we will have Henry and Drake who may start next year.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Cooper and Collins are locks.

Reed and Ragland will both return.

Yeldon - I'm not so sure. He's certainly got a good resume. But I wonder how his injuries and the devaluation of RB's in the NFL will impact his draft status. I don't think he'll be a 1st rounder, mostly because I don't think there will be many 1st round RBs. After that, I'm not sure. If he gets a 2nd or 3rd round grade, does he come back? Maybe.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Cooper and Collins are locks.

Reed and Ragland will both return.

Yeldon - I'm not so sure. He's certainly got a good resume. But I wonder how his injuries and the devaluation of RB's in the NFL will impact his draft status. I don't think he'll be a 1st rounder, mostly because I don't think there will be many 1st round RBs. After that, I'm not sure. If he gets a 2nd or 3rd round grade, does he come back? Maybe.
The factors you mention make me think Yeldon would not go until about the 4th round. I am just not sure how many RB's get into the higher rounds this year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wish we could change the thread to players most likely will be drafted in NFL Because i wanted to include few seniors :)

But Right now, Cooper is definitely gone. TJ Yeldon is gone. You can't improve his draft status any higher than he will be picked this year.. and plus we got few RBs coming in, and IF TJ stays, we would lose two or three RBs to transfer and we dont need that.

Ragland won't leave. he's not hurting for money, and the chance to " direct" the defense comes once in a life time opportunity and teams in NFL loves that. he finally figured out what to do half way through the season. Without him, our LBs will struggle next year.
Reed- It's 50/50 It depends on his performance this weekend and in playoff. This most likely will be decided at the last minute.

Collins- He's gone. I'm friends with his mom, April on facebook, and she keep posting stuff about enjoy everything this year, and how excited she was for his next opportunity. I think Collins did enough the last two years to get drafted in 1-2 rounds...

IF Henry was draft eligible this year, he would be gone as well.

Now for the seniors... I do see Jones, White, Depriest, and maybe Cyrus Jones getting drafted ...

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
yeldon is probably middle round dp, but the bigger issue is lifespan of an nfl rb, if they can get drafted as a junior they should go. One less year of wear and tear for no pay.

The factors you mention make me think Yeldon would not go until about the 4th round. I am just not sure how many RB's get into the higher rounds this year.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
I'm certainly not knocking anyone, but is Landon Collins to the point where he's a high draft pick? I think he's a perfect example of a player that could really help himself by staying another year. I agree that Cooper and Yeldon are going, but, hopefully they will be the only underclassmen declaring for the pro's.
A quick mention about auburn. I'm hoping Coates and Williams declare for the draft. I don't want to see them in Jordan Hare next year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
yes Collins deserve it. He won't be back next year. He has played well this year. He only had one bad game this season. He contributes on special team, Safety... He's gone. He'll be one of those top 25 picks. Look at Ha ha... He played well and lot of people didnt think he wasn't ready.. but look at him this year.
I'm certainly not knocking anyone, but is Landon Collins to the point where he's a high draft pick? I think he's a perfect example of a player that could really help himself by staying another year. I agree that Cooper and Yeldon are going, but, hopefully they will be the only underclassmen declaring for the pro's.
A quick mention about auburn. I'm hoping Coates and Williams declare for the draft. I don't want to see them in Jordan Hare next year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I realize Blake Sims is a Sr., but what do you think are his chances at getting drafted. not ideal measurements or experience, but has the highest QBR of any of Saban's QB's (who have all made a NFL roster). Are his chances better getting drafted as a WR or RB? I really hope he can make it into the NFL somehow. He has improved so much and played his heart out. I know his family could use the $$.
Gil Brandt was asked about Blake a couple of weeks ago. He feels Blake will end up at RB in the NFL.,

Now for the seniors... I do see Jones, White, Depriest, and maybe Cyrus Jones getting drafted ...
Cyrus is only a junior.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Christian Jones will not get drafted......he's had a very very mediocre year.
regarding CJ, I agree that he has regressed quite a bit this year. but his last IB appearance made me proud!
his KO returns were solid throughout the game. he was running with authority and conviction. his blocking has always been very good on the perimeters and it showed up again in the game. last but not least, his acrobatic catch in auburn's redzone kept one of our comeback TDs alive. thank you Christian for your contributions. :biga2:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
regarding CJ, I agree that he has regressed quite a bit this year. but his last IB appearance made me proud!
his KO returns were solid throughout the game. he was running with authority and conviction. his blocking has always been very good on the perimeters and it showed up again in the game. last but not least, his acrobatic catch in auburn's redzone kept one of our comeback TDs alive. thank you Christian for your contributions. :biga2:
Agree 100%. I remember him coming in for Maze in the BCS when he got hurt and he did a great job fielding punts for us all night. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.