Amari's recruiting ranking in retrospect is kind of funny.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Amazing that he was ahead of Coop prior to his injury and ended up getting lost in the shuffle last year when he returned.
I've never really understood it. He seems to perform when called upon and is an explosive threat every time he touches the ball. Hopefully next year he'll get his big chance.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
It's hard to predict how much heart a kid has and how hard he is willing to work. Amari Cooper is apparently one of those talented players that are never satisfied with their current level of play and drive themselves hard to improve. He will make a lot of money in the NFL. God bless him.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
It's hard to predict how much heart a kid has and how hard he is willing to work. Amari Cooper is apparently one of those talented players that are never satisfied with their current level of play and drive themselves hard to improve. He will make a lot of money in the NFL. God bless him.
I have seen a few of his tweets about his humble beginnings. He really is to be admired to have overcome the trappings of youth from the community where he grew up.

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I'm still waiting for that number 8 guy to get a legitimate opportunity. I believe he can be a real difference maker.
I think so also - the shoulder injury set him back quite a bit - without it he might have been the first TF receiver to play from that class instead of Amari. Good that Black got the RS though and he's just a soph - two more years at Bama to develop if he needs it.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I don't recognize any of those guys other than DGB and our guys. It should have been Coop, Kevin white, and Duke Williams at the top.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Funny thing is if Chris hadn't got hurt... it hink it would've been him on the field with Cooper this year. I think Chris has done well this year.. getting playing time as much as he can... He knows he will be in the rotation next year. Think about it for a minute.. Falkins, Sims, Black, (Foster?) and Kief .... Dangerous...
Didn't Black get hurt around the time of A-Day? There was still time for Coop to pass him and I suspect he would have. Now if DeAndrew White hadn't gotten injured Coop might not have seen the field much as a freshman. Black's a talented receiver but I wouldn't make too much of the "he was ahead of Coop on the depth chart" deal.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Here are the Top 3 Careers:

Stefon Diggs 140 Rec's 2,089 yrds 14.9 YPC 14TD's
Nelson Agholor 171 Rec's 2,500 yrds 14.1 YPC 19TD's
Amari Cooper 207 Rec's 3,309 yrds 16.0 YPC 29TD's

I believe it's a landslide as to who the true #1 WR was in that class. Coop should have been a 7-Star.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Well...we (kinda) got it right here.

I rated Ragland, Collins, Yeldon, and Ryan Anderson ahead of him. I'm comfortable with two of those. But that's just me. And below is my personal scouting report of him from back then.

5 – Amari Cooper, WR ,6-1 / 183
Overview: Opened the eyes of many during the all-star high school game on ESPN. Has turned the heads of teammates during spring drills.
What he brings: Cooper is sure-handed in tight coverage. Uses his body like a basketball player to fend off defenders when fighting for the ball in a crowd. Has very quick hands. And is excellent at finding holes in the coverage. Does a great job of beating jams off of the line.
Most likely destination this season: The WR position, as stated before, is stocked pretty full. But whenever Coop gets on the field, he’s going to be a star.
Former Bama Player He reminds me of on film: Curtis Brown

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Well...we (kinda) got it right here.

I rated Ragland, Collins, Yeldon, and Ryan Anderson ahead of him. I'm comfortable with two of those. But that's just me. And below is my personal scouting report of him from back then.
IIRC , I think I had him 5th as well . Had he stood in at 6'3" , I'd have likely placed him in the 3rd slot .

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There's been a pretty well known rumor for awhile now that he is probably transferring before the start of next season. Not enough PT..
And just so happens Robert has gotten more playing time as the rumor picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
There's been a pretty well known rumor for awhile now that he is probably transferring before the start of next season. Not enough PT..
He is a red shirt freshmen and the way I see it his playing time next year would be entirely up to him. He should realize that. If he transfers I would bet it would be a case of home sickness.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
We've really been lucky to get two WR's like Julio and Amari in such a shoer time. Besides their tremendous physical skills, both have great work ethic, don't mind the dirty work, not all full of themselves and are at their best when it really counts.

Who's gonna be next? Stewart?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.