Question About Ga Dome Security

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
I haven't been to the Ga Dome since 1995, but since then the world has changed. Can someone who has been there in the last couple of years tell me how strict they are at the entrance about bringing in small bottles of an adult beverage? Do they frisk or are they lax about the alcohol policy? Thanks for the heads up!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
The entrances are usually so crowded going in that they don't do a serious frisk. Tuck your booze in your boots or socks and you will be fine. ;) People will leave full coolers of beer at the entrance, too.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
They may have served beer at the VTech game, too. I don't remember as we didn't drink--had the kids and were driving home afterwards. I remember lots of intoxicated people at the SECCG against UGA but I don't remember beer being served, though.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Pretty sure it's still no alcohol @ SEC championship games - there was none for sale in 2008, as it's SEC game policy. Games against OOC are a different matter (WVU, VT, etc).

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
They do sell it.
Nope. They do at the chick-fil-a kick off since it isn't an SEC event. SEC rule still apply for this.\

I've had a buddy get a whole fifth in to the SEC backetball tourney there. Worst they are going to do is take it from you.

Last edited:

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Saran Wrap a flask around your thigh near your huevos. Wear khakis. Been doing since I was a freshman back in '82. lol

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They may have served beer at the VTech game, too. I don't remember as we didn't drink--had the kids and were driving home afterwards. I remember lots of intoxicated people at the SECCG against UGA but I don't remember beer being served, though.
my brother and i drank your share at the v tech game ;)

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Definitive word...

1. They don't sell beer or alcohol of any kind at SEC Conference events (Football or Basketball) outside of the suites. The Kickoff games are like bowl games and aren't conference events so they do have full service.
2. The security is focused on bags/purses and metal. Use a plastic flask (not miniatures) and they won't ever notice unless you're limping obviously or already drunk and belligerent.
3. Don't try to sneak stuff in too early... wait until there's a decent crowd. They won't want a huge build-up of people/lines.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I have a friend that is a pharmacist, and he said when you go on a cruise to take an old medicine bottle with the prescription on it, and fill it with spirits, and they never question it. I bet you could do the same for a game. If they notice it, oh, that's my meds :). Might work?

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
While I'm not at all knocking the practice or saying don't do it, I never have understood sneaking alcohol into a stadium. I love alcohol as much as the next guy, but the lengths to which some people go to sneak it in amazes me. On that note someone should invent a flask bra, just seems right.

*edit* Nevermind, already exists.... one more million dollar idea down the drain

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep the sock tuck (or boot tuck in my case) always does the trick. They are lax and I've never been patted down there. I know at the kickoff classic (Clemson and VT) we paid $7 a beer I think it was, or that might have been per mixed drink I forget. Still high as all get out.

Like others have said you'll probably have to smuggle to get it for the SEC title game. I think they don't sell it.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
I was surprised with how easy security was getting in for the last SECCG when we played the Dawgs. My wife and I walked right in, they didn't even look in her purse. And then this years opener with a couple of work friends they didn't bat an eye at us either. Guess we didn't look guilty, I was expecting at least something... I'm going with a few guys from work this Saturday and expect we will walk in with not even a second look. Of course it wouldn't matter, I'm not smuggling anything in anyway. Getting a pat down from a hottie would be a plus but like that'll happen...lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.