Brady Hoke Fired By Michigan

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Wonder who they go after? Les Miles, maybe? I know his name gets mentioned every time this job comes open, which lately is quite frequently it seems.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I think they may come after the HAT but does the grass taste better in Baton Rouge? He has an unlimited source of talent at LSU and Michigan looks to be a complete rebuild job. I think if offered, Les stays.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I think they may come after the HAT but does the grass taste better in Baton Rouge? He has an unlimited source of talent at LSU and Michigan looks to be a complete rebuild job. I think if offered, Les stays.
Les is a crazy kind of guy, so I'm thinking he takes the Michigan job if offered. Right now LSU is still seen as a program that CNS built and Les is still walking in his shadow. Even though Les has been at LSU for 10 years and they aren't exactly at their pinnacle this season.
I'm betting Les takes the job just to prove that he can build and then sustain a program without someone else getting all the credit. Michigan is a dream destination for him, so if he's going to go, now is the time.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I am old enough to remember when Michigan actually competed with Ohio State, but that has been years ago. Those guys keep shooting themselves in the foot with coaching hires. Will Les Miles get the opportunity this time around. Probably, if he is really interested. He has the connections at the school and they could do much worse. LSU is a very good program, but they have been moving sideways for a few years. Getting his hat (no pun intended) handed to him by Saban has to be weighing on his mind. He has to know that his seat will be getting warm if he doesn't make a serious threat to win the West next year.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Les just turned 61 so this would in all likelihood be his final chance to return to the "Big House". I would not want to leave Baton Rouge for Ann Arbor, but who knows what goes on inside his mind. Strange guy who may want to return to his alma mater and resurrect a program that has fallen on hard times. If offered, I think he would take the job.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
CLM coached twice at Michigan. I look for UM to at least show some interest in him but does he give them black eye number two by turning them down? He is an excellent recruiter, develops talent and his kids get a shot at the NFL. Never say never but I agree this would be his last chance at the job if offered.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
I would consider Michigan to be a less appealing job than either Florida or Nebraska. Their athletic department is a mess, boosters are irrational and divided, the economy is in the dumps up there, there's fewer in-state prospects than ever before, etc. Nebraska has the advantage of playing the in the weaker Big 10 west and will likely be more welcoming to an outsider.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.