Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

Bama_J

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
So,

1. The SEC is in prime position to be #1 in the final 4 in the playoff rankings.

2. We are "down" a bit because of so many upperclassmen leaving.

3. We will return to the top as soon as possibly next fall.

4. The only reason we don't have more teams ranked higher is because we beat up on EACH OTHER.

5. All but one SEC quarterback has previous collegiate experience.

I think he made the case that the SEC is the greatest conference in America. What is our overall non-conference record, again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
LOL....The hurt is strong here with that guy. It's cute he used 11 wins as the cut off mark. Alabama, Mizzou, and MSU all have 10 or more wins and UGA and Ole Miss can get there with bowl wins.....That could be 5 SEC teams with 10 or more wins. The first three could all finish with 11 or more wins.

Oh and I just LOVE how we are not great because of a 55-44 score. Oregon and USC have won games like that for years and so have the Big12 schools like Okla, Okla St, TCU, Baylor etc etc.....but it's FUN FUN FUN and great football for them.

We win ONE game that way and the takeaway is not that 'Hey Alabama CAN win a high scoring shootout if it has to' but rather 'Alabama is severely flawed'.

If we can win the NC this year it may just be the sweetest of them all because we will have to beat mostly all the main flashy Offensive spread/HUNH/zone read teams to do it.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
You don't understand? Let me lay it out for you.

The best running backs in the FBS play in the Big Ten. The best quarterbacks are in the Pac-12. So are the best defensive linemen. The ACC skunked you 4-0 this past Saturday. The Big 12 is the only conference with a chance of putting two teams in the playoff.
What flawed reasoning.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
The SEC is not perfect, but it is better than any other conference. You take our top ten teams and put them against any other conference's top 10 and I guarantee you that the SEC wins 6 or more of those games.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I've said it before and I'll say it now.....look at the last 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 seasons of CFB. Count how many NC's the SEC has each of those spans. Now, figure out who's 2nd and compare the 2. Then hush.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
I absolutely loathe when people talk smack, whether it be when one team beats another, or, as in this case, one is claiming that something which has dominated everyone for several years is suddenly on the decline. That's kind of like the Goths talking smack to the Romans, who after 3 centuries of whipping the snot out of everyone finally starting losing some battles to them. Or, imagine someone talking smack to Usain Bolt cause he finally beat him on race #345,239.

Does anything temporal last forever? Even if what this nerf herder says is true, so what? Sure, the SEC dominance will eventually decline if it follows the pattern of everything else under the sun.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
I have "SEC hate" fatigue.

I love how one talking head after another keeps repeating how the ACC beat the SEC 4-0 this past weekend. It was the SEC EAST PEOPLE! I would put up Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss State against the same 4 teams, and then come talk to me. But anyhoo....

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Ivan seems to have forgotten the score of the TCU/Baylor game. Does that affect how people look at those teams? Apparently it does not.

rtr

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Books: Why Northern college football is overrated
In his "Conferences" chapter, Mobile, Ala. native Maisel anoints the SEC as "The Most Underrated Conference in College Football" and explains:

The secret of Southern football is that it means more. It means more to the players, to the fans, to the culture. That's why the SEC is underrated, and will be until exchange programs are established to bring fans from other regions to the South so that they may experience it for themselves.

You see, we don't love college football like they do in the South and we never will. Predictably, the Big Ten tops his list of the "Most Overrated":

Who's getting its butt kicked with regularity in the Rose Bowl? Whose talent base is drying up like a Georgia lakebed? Who has started its own cable network to exploit a football product that has passed its sell-by date?

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I’ll use the same reasoning to talk 2014 baseball:

The Major League Baseball World Series Champions were the San Francisco Giants who had a regular season record of 88-74 for a 54% winning percentage. Their top pitcher had a winning percentage of 64%.

The AAA Minor League Baseball International League Champion was the Syracuse Chiefs team who went 81-62 for a 57% winning percentage. Their top pitcher had a 67% winning percentage.

In Alabama High School action, the Spanish Fort Toros went 39-6 (87%). Their top pitcher won 91% of his games.

It’s been fun, Major League Baseball, but you just can’t compete with the dominance of teams in other leagues right now. Don’t worry, we still like you, but you cannot claim to have the best players or the best teams anymore. That title now belongs to High School baseball. Little League is coming on strong. The numbers don’t lie.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.