JessN: SECCG preview: Missouri, like Auburn, is a dangerous breed of Tiger

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
SECCG preview: Missouri, like Auburn, is a dangerous breed of Tiger
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
December 3rd, 2014 12:51 AM

. By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Dec. 2, 2014 It’s hard to say how much of a contender Missouri is, given the sorry state of the SEC East. But it’s just as hard to say whether the SEC West’s two breeds of Tigers – the Auburn and LSU varieties – are more dangerous than the […]

Read More Here

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hope Blake's INT's last w/e were an aberration, and hope he "stays w/in himself" on the big stage this w/e.

Also, hope the guys have lived by the 24 Hours Rule following last w/e's emotional victory...

So great to be back in the SECCG!!

Esp now that it means that much more!!!

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Hope Blake's INT's last w/e were an aberration, and hope he "stays w/in himself" on the big stage this w/e.

Also, hope the guys have lived by the 24 Hours Rule following last w/e's emotional victory...

So great to be back in the SECCG!!

Esp now that it means that much more!!!
Also hope he can stay on his feet and avoid their ability to sack.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The thing that concerns me is that Mizzou seems to be a Tampa-2 defense and most of those INTs were against some variation of C-2 against Auburn. Admittedly, I thought the 3 INTs were all bad play calls given the look...didn't really give Sims an easy throw but he did choose to force it into a bad spot.

Need to see a better preparation against split safety w/ zone underneath. Preferably, like I've said in other topics, we need to get Yeldon and Henry lathered up with good run blocking up front from the OL and TEs/FBs.

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
I'm thinking the biggest challenge for Bama is overcoming the adrenaline rush hangover that always comes after the AU game...It's not the game energy that's the biggest problem so much as the mental focus and energy reserves available for the M,T,W preparations....Having said that, this team seems to be peaking at just the right time.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Another thing is that Mizzou may try to contain rush Sims but they're still practically a team that wants to get to the QB. Their DEs will lapse into those tendencies occasionally and we need Sims to be alive with his feet and even try to run a bit more to get their back seven scared about dropping too deep into zone.

The thing that concerns me is that Mizzou seems to be a Tampa-2 defense and most of those INTs were against some variation of C-2 against Auburn. Admittedly, I thought the 3 INTs were all bad play calls given the look...didn't really give Sims an easy throw but he did choose to force it into a bad spot.

Need to see a better preparation against split safety w/ zone underneath. Preferably, like I've said in other topics, we need to get Yeldon and Henry lathered up with good run blocking up front from the OL and TEs/FBs.
Kiffin said exactly that and took some of the blame. Bad play calling from him. I think he has learned from it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.