Iron Bowl 2014 - Video and Audio

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
This is the first half. Again there are gaps in coverage, and turns out I missed the first scoring drive of Auburn's. But who really cares about them.

Quality will increase as it is processed further.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Just started watching and this is GREAT work on your part Hooks!!! Thank you. We should all be able to watch games this way live.

For me I can't synch live because the radio is always like 5-10 secs ahead of my Direct TV.

I also can't just listen to the Radio alone because as much as I LOVE Eli's enthusiasm and homer-ism he just can't paint a great picture to visualize imho. Forney made it to where you could close your eyes and really SEE the game in your mind like you were watching it.

Eli is always late letting you know what the heck happened. BUT....synched with the video it's PERFECT.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Oh I just subbed to your Youtube channel too. If you keep doing this for the big games your channel is going to BLOW UP with subs. I can't wait for the 2nd half....This is awesome!!!

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
Thanks! Im not finding much time this evening like I had hoped. So I won't have the 2nd half up until tomorrow evening likely. Sorry for the delay.

And I do agree that Eli can get behind at times. Makes my job more difficult syncing the audio with the video :) I rely on kickoffs and penalties for good cue points.

Last edited:

tidegrandpa

All-American
Thanks! Im not finding much time this evening like I had hoped. So I won't have the 2nd half up until tomorrow evening likely. Sorry for the delay.

And I do agree that Eli can get behind at times. Makes my job more difficult syncing the audio with the video :) I rely on kickoffs and penalties for good cue points.
I found that too last night syncing your radio with the DVR video,replay, makes Ely look good but tough on an an old man listinin', Good job

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan
Just started watching and this is GREAT work on your part Hooks!!! Thank you. We should all be able to watch games this way live.

For me I can't synch live because the radio is always like 5-10 secs ahead of my Direct TV.

I also can't just listen to the Radio alone because as much as I LOVE Eli's enthusiasm and homer-ism he just can't paint a great picture to visualize imho. Forney made it to where you could close your eyes and really SEE the game in your mind like you were watching it.

Eli is always late letting you know what the heck happened. BUT....synched with the video it's PERFECT.
I did a post about this a few years ago, and as far as I know, the solution should still work for you. Just do a search for "Annoying Radio Delay" and it should take you to it.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
Ive enjoyed it! Let's hope I have 3 more games to produce!

Also one thing I noticed while doing it. Coach sent Vogler in on the last victory formation. Eli called it. Obviously Palmer and Musburger didn't notice.

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
Great job and thanks for doing this! BTW, I get a kick out of watching the dude eat his nachos at the 5:57 mark on the 2nd half video. It's right after Sims' third interception and they go to a shot of the crowd to catch the disappointed Bama fans. That guy is right in the center of the screen and he is just totally concentrating on enjoying that nacho like he knows we are going to pull out the win in the end; not a look of concern or care in the world about that interception. Let me eat this nacho right here and everything will be fine. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.