Poll: If Coach Mac is hired by Florida, are you going to root for them more?

Will you root for Florida more if Coach Mac is hired?

• Yes

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 55.9%

• Total voters

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
No not really. I pulled for them a fair amount already. What I would really like to see is for them to slap FSU back to reality where they belong. If he can make Florida good enough to do that, I'd be his biggest non-Gator fan.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Yeah, it's just not that cut and dried - I was pulling for the lizards to win some games they lost this year, and it was purely situational. I am not a lizard fan (sorry, Baz, Spurt ruined me), and wouldn't be if CNS went there. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want them to win certain games; as I said, it's all situational.
If it would benefit Bama by the lizards losing every game, I don't care who's coaching there: why would I "root" for them? Nothing against JM, he's gonna be a very good (maybe even great) coach; I'm just a Bama fan, first, last and all points in between.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Heck yeah, I'd pull for them more if CJM gets the gig. I'd rather Florida be consistently good than UT, Georgia, or USCe. Kentucky and Vandy are none issues.

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Yes. Just like I rooted for coach Bryant's assistants when they moved into a HC gig.
But then, I root for every SEC team when they play OOC.
Bama first, SEC second, anyone playing football third (especially by late July, early August).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
it would really be a good hire for Florida. He would already have the players to run his offense. He could possibly turn Driskel into a competent QB or e could stick with Harris and turn him into a great QB.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Doesn't matter if I want him to succeed, he's going to. He can coach. Personally I'd love to see him own Richt and Fisher year in and year out. My prediction...he will own the East and be a shoe-in for the SECCG every year.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Why would Kirby go to Florida as anything other than head coach?
Maybe he simply likes being a DC, has a good relationship with Mac, and figures he might not have to work quite the long hours he does under Saban? Who knows? I don't think there's any way he does, but then I've been surprised before.

A little different situation, but Nuss left an OC job for a lateral OC job.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.