Link: Barn has offered Muschamp (update: CWM has accepted)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp

I see we're starting the annual 'I think auburn will be lucky to go bowling next year' threads early...
Theyll go bowling. Theyll just blame Muschamp for their losses to hype up their head coach as an offensive genius instead of accepting the fact Lane Kiffin's offense ranks higher than Gus's offense.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I think they have 7 losses, Louisville, LSU,Arky,Ole sis, A&M, Jawga, TIDE
they will barely beat Miss St & KY

just my opinion, thanks for posting
the 7 you mention are definitely tougher games than the others, but they'll beat Arky at a minimum. They likely beat a&m and ole miss too. I'd peg them between 8-4 and 10-2.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

Yeah. It doesn't mean much, though. Somebody over at the USCe Rivals board is "confirming" it as well. :biggrin:
Ok, now I see it on multiple USC boards (fan sites). Nothing from credible news sources though so I'll take it about as serious as the "confirmation" from the auburn Rivals site.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Looked over Auburn's roster to see what kind of talent the defense returns. AUDub, add some names to this if you feel I left someone off the list. The classification is for next season to show what the new DC will have when he arrives.

Montravius Adams, DT, Jr.
Kalvaraz Bessent, DB, RFr.
Johnathan Ford, DB, Jr.
Kris Frost, LB, Sr.
Joshua Holsey, DB, Sr.
Jonathan Jones, DB, Sr.
Carl Lawson, DL, RSo. (I figure they made this his redshirt season.)
Cassanova McKinzy, LB, Sr.
Gimel President, DL, Jr.
Stephen Roberts, DB, So.
Nick Ruffin, DB, So.
Cameron Toney, LB, RSo.
Tre'Williams, LB, RFr. (Auburn really didn't play him this year?)

Whether Boom takes the job or someone else, he will have some experienced DBs in Ford, Jones and Holsey. Adams and Lawson are solid DL guys as well.

An issue facing the new DC is the personnel Ellis left based on the scheme Ellis ran. Remember, Rashaan Evans came to Alabama because Ellis tried to sell him on playing the Star position, which would have been a hybrid safety-LB role.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Looked over Auburn's roster to see what kind of talent the defense returns. AUDub, add some names to this if you feel I left someone off the list. The classification is for next season to show what the new DC will have when he arrives.

Montravius Adams, DT, Jr.
Kalvaraz Bessent, DB, RFr.
Johnathan Ford, DB, Jr.
Kris Frost, LB, Sr.
Joshua Holsey, DB, Sr.
Jonathan Jones, DB, Sr.
Carl Lawson, DL, RSo. (I figure they made this his redshirt season.)
Cassanova McKinzy, LB, Sr.
Gimel President, DL, Jr.
Stephen Roberts, DB, So.
Nick Ruffin, DB, So.
Cameron Toney, LB, RSo.
Tre'Williams, LB, RFr. (Auburn really didn't play him this year?)

Whether Boom takes the job or someone else, he will have some experienced DBs in Ford, Jones and Holsey. Adams and Lawson are solid DL guys as well.

An issue facing the new DC is the personnel Ellis left based on the scheme Ellis ran. Remember, Rashaan Evans came to Alabama because Ellis tried to sell him on playing the Star position, which would have been a hybrid safety-LB role.
I just dont think bringing Boom in with that crew is going to impact the season like many auburn fans and commentators think. They think that he is going to steal a lot of recruits, but people forget he is going against Saban/Smart for recruits. Im surprised why Bo pelini's name hasnt been big on Auburn's radar. Bo would be cheaper and probably wouldnt have as big of ego fights with Gus. But what do i care? I hope Auburn makes the most expensive bust possible.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004

SC is a much better fit in my mind for Coach Muschamp, plus he's not in the SEC West, which wouldn't end well for him any better than Florida did.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update, CWM allegedly going to USCe)

It's easier for Muschamp to eat some humble pie if his new boss is quite a bit older than he is. It would be that much harder for him to work under somebody closer to his own age.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.