Link: Barn has offered Muschamp (update: CWM has accepted)

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update, CWM allegedly going to USCe)

Interesting, two former UF head coaches at USCe.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

If the HCIW part is true, that surprises me more than anything because I'm not sure what Muschamp has done to deserve that.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

If he goes to USCe, that could be his fastest track back to a HC job in the SEC. The one of the guys on the Roundtable on JOX called this a few weeks ago (Brown, I think). If it happens that's an interesting set up.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

If he goes to USCe, that could be his fastest track back to a HC job in the SEC. The one of the guys on the Roundtable on JOX called this a few weeks ago (Brown, I think). If it happens that's an interesting set up.
The only person I really give credit is LT. Because Brown is just out there and Dunaway has his crimson color glasses on all the time

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

The only person I really give credit is LT. Because Brown is just out there and Dunaway has his crimson color glasses on all the time
I disagree. LT is a cross between a wanna be handicapper and a wanna be Clay Travis. He just comments on what Vegas sets. I listen almost everyday while at work and Brown does a great job with insightful comments. Dunnaway makes no bones about himself being a Bama fan. All three make it a great show.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I disagree. LT is a cross between a wanna be handicapper and a wanna be Clay Travis. He just comments on what Vegas sets. I listen almost everyday while at work and Brown does a great job with insightful comments. Dunnaway makes no bones about himself being a Bama fan. All three make it a great show.
agree to disagree on LT and Brown. It is a good show.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Now if Sexton can get TAMU in the mix, add a dash of head coach at Oregon State, and sprinkle in a few NFL rumors, old Boom might make himself a few $100k more today without ever leaving the comfort of his own couch...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

From the USCe Scout article:
unofficial sources.
All I needed to know. Everyone, Auburn boards included, is throwing crap against the wall until something sticks.
Following CNN practice:

"Nobody is reporting that I, Tidewater, am going to USCe as the next Defensive Coordinator. The 'Tidewater to USCe as DC' move is an unorthodox hire, since Tidewater has no coaching experience at any level."

I have no comment on the story that I am en route to Columbia. (thus, actually confirming that discussions are under way).

Rumors suggest that a high six-figure salary is on the table.

Now, let's hope that sticks.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

@Mark_Schlabach FYI: Muschamp is out of the country and won't do anything until he gets back

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Following CNN practice:

"Nobody is reporting that I, Tidewater, am going to USCe as the next Defensive Coordinator. The 'Tidewater to USCe as DC' move is an unorthodox hire, since Tidewater has no coaching experience at any level."

I have no comment on the story that I am en route to Columbia. (thus, actually confirming that discussions are under way).

Rumors suggest that a high six-figure salary is on the table.

Now, let's hope that sticks.
You heard it here first. :biggrin:

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

Spurrier is a bit of a word smith. What he said is, "No, I haven't hired Will. ... I haven't really talked to anybody about additions (to staff)", which in no way means that agents are not talking and/or negotiating.

I can only speculate, but I imagine Muschamp now has impressive offers from multiple schools and has a tough decision to make. Then again how tough is deciding which multi-million dollar to accept after just receiving a multi-million dollar buyout. Heck, flip a coin, either way you're a winner.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

agree to disagree on LT and Brown. It is a good show.
rolltide_21 pretty much nailed it. LT tries too hard to be hip/cool and it's annoying. Like fist-bump instead of a handshake annoying.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp

I just dont think bringing Boom in with that crew is going to impact the season like many auburn fans and commentators think. They think that he is going to steal a lot of recruits, but people forget he is going against Saban/Smart for recruits. Im surprised why Bo pelini's name hasnt been big on Auburn's radar. Bo would be cheaper and probably wouldnt have as big of ego fights with Gus. But what do i care? I hope Auburn makes the most expensive bust possible.
Bama really wants Adonis Thomas, an OLB from Georgia. He committed to Florida on August 1 and decommitted on October 23 when things started to look bad for Florida. He reportedly still has a solid relationship with Boom. There doesn't appear to be reason to count out the school that hires Boom. If he goes to Auburn, they could end up with a top 15 OLB that Alabama really, really wants.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.