Link: Barn has offered Muschamp (update: CWM has accepted)

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update, CWM To be named DC Coach)

According to espn, he was offered HC at Houston, DC at aTm and USCe, and then chose DC the University of Auburn.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update, CWM To be named DC Coach)

You'd think the Barn just got a special invitation and excemption into the playoff or something.

Too bad CWM can't strap on a helmet.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update, CWM allegedly going to USCe)

Bama has scored 37, 38 and 42 points on the last 3 Muschamp's defenses. I am not too worried. The Barn has made him the highest paid assistant in the country by around a half million dollars. Keeping up with Bama is getting expensive.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

Good for Auburn. Getting Muschamp is great. However, we still have Saban and Kirby Smart running our defense and Kiffin is doing aight with the O. So... SNASS.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I wonder if CWM realizes that once you get that Auburn Stink on you - it's very hard to wash it off.......

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update: supposedly has accepted)

Good for auburn, they got who they think will turn them around on defense. But once the luster and excitement wears off, the real work has to be done in Spring and Fall practice. Muschamp had elite players both at Texas and Florida, heck he had access to some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in all of America. Most of those committed to Texas and Florida during his tenure were in-state studs who were going to go there regardless of who the HC was. Auburn has attracted some very good defensive players under Chizik and now Gus, so getting elite players to the plains was never a problem for them. What you might see now is some other defensive players who wouldn't think twice about Auburn previously might now give them a closer look due to WM name recognition. That will be something to keep an eye on. What will be interesting to see in the very near future is how the break neck speed of the HUNH
designed by Gus will compliment WM style of physical tough defense. Mind you Auburn under Chizik and Malzaln has had some good DC over the years only to looked incompetent by the time they leave the plains. Was that because they loss their defensive touch or was it because good solid defenses do not mesh well with the HUNH?? Time will tell with " boom"....

Btw, I don't think he made the right decision to come back to Auburn. IMO, its career suicide for a man that needed time to really evaluate his options before jumping back (wards) into becoming a DC where he left once before. I seriously doubt he stays for more than 2 years. Auburn now has 2 head coaches with 2 big egos!! He may prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I forgot, how many yards did we get on Boom's defense this year? Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will see how he likes putting his defense on the field when they run a couple of 3 and outs in a row with the 5 defensive recruits he will get each year.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Yup..And Gus will always put his offensive needs & wants..Ahead of the needs & wants on the D side of the ball..It is what it is..And that's ok cause the "Gus Bus" is fueled by his offense & that will leave the D side of the ball out to dry..He will land a few good defensive players, but, with the limit of schollies they can give out each year..

Recruiting wise Gus will always put his offense, and the number of recruits he lands each class, will be tilted to the offensive side 1st & foremost for the "Gus Bus" offense..That's why he needs the best DC money can buy that will be able to coach up the walk-on'To help shore up the depth on the D side of the balls & tranfers Auurn will get for the D side of the ball..JMHO
Well unless Auburn can recruit good defensive players this hire won't make much of a difference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.