Link: Barn has offered Muschamp (update: CWM has accepted)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update: supposedly has accepted)

I want to point out few things why I'm not concerned:
His defense was ranked in following areas:
LSU
Year 1: Takeway 27th, Rushing Defense 21st and 39th in Scoring Defense
Year 2: Takeway-59th, RD 49th and 15th in SD
Year 3: Takeway-9th, RD 3rd, 1st in SD
Year 4: Takeway-44, 7th in RD and 14th in SD
Moved on to Auburn:
Year 1: Takeway-47th, 45th in RD and 7th in SD
Year 2: Takeway-59th, 29th in RD and 6th in SD
Moved on to Texas:
Year 1: Takeway-105, 3 in RD, 18th in SD
Year 2: Takeway and RD ranked 1st, 12th in SD
year 3- Takeway-86th, 44th in RD and 49th in SD
Then Florida as HC
Year 1: Takeway-112, 40th in RD and 20th in SD
year 2: Takeway-17th, 4th in RD and 5th in SD
Year 3: Takeway 97th, 33th in RD and 15th in SD
Year 4: Takeway-16th, 12th in RD, 23rd in SD
He's a solid coach, and Only thing is, In each jobs he held, Year 1 is a situation where players has to get used to his system and
it usually work out by second or third years, and I don't think Muschamp will stay long enough to see the long term results by his system.
Last time he was at Auburn, They didn't quite improve and I'm not sure why. Looking at their schedule, They face Louisville in Atlanta,
then have an easy game against jacksonville state before LSU at Death Valley. On top of that, they have to play Miss State before playing San Jose State.
Then their second half of schedule consists of Improving Kentucky and Arkansas and it is away game. They face Ole Miss, and then Texas A and M, Georiga, and Alabama...
It's too much... That's why I'm not worried about Muschamp... It'll be rough and Gus will be screaming a lot more than usual.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I was over the top worried about a week ago, then I started thinking. Has any coach made more money or gotten more attention off of a perception than Will Muschamp? I mean really..... what HAS he done lately? Now maybe he and Gus will be the unstoppable force that au fans are making them out to be, but I'm just not worried. Saban beat Muschamp when boom was at Texas, and our QB was beat up and our offense anemic compared to today's standards. Then insert boom at Florida, and we see how that ended.

An au passenger comes on yesterday, and we got into a football discussion. I should have backed away then. His face turns red, and he tells me that we (Alabama) should be SCARED, REAL SCARED next year. Says he CAN'T WAIT until we meet boom in 360 days. He said the exact number of days, but I can't remember nor do I care to know. That Iron Bowl trophy is OURS now and that's all I care about. He continued on saying how SCARED we should be. Ugh................... this is why I can't stand most au fans. Can't stand! So so glad we are Alabama and not them.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I was over the top worried about a week ago, then I started thinking. Has any coach made more money or gotten more attention off of a perception than Will Muschamp? I mean really..... what HAS he done lately? Now maybe he and Gus will be the unstoppable force that au fans are making them out to be, but I'm just not worried. Saban beat Muschamp when boom was at Texas, and our QB was beat up and our offense anemic compared to today's standards. Then insert boom at Florida, and we see how that ended.

An au passenger comes on yesterday, and we got into a football discussion. I should have backed away then. His face turns red, and he tells me that we (Alabama) should be SCARED, REAL SCARED next year. Says he CAN'T WAIT until we meet boom in 360 days. He said the exact number of days, but I can't remember nor do I care to know. That Iron Bowl trophy is OURS now and that's all I care about. He continued on saying how SCARED we should be. Ugh................... this is why I can't stand most au fans. Can't stand! So so glad we are Alabama and not them.
Lane Kiffin

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al

I was in Auburn on Saturday for my niece's graduation ceremony, and heard "Boom" so many times it made me sick (sicker than just being in Aubieville). The head of the alumni group even ended his speech with "Boom" to close out the ceremony.

I know it is only going to get worse since the marketing campaign referring to the "Boom Brothers" of GM and WM will pick up pace over the months to come.
Anyone else remember "fear the stache" from 2012 with Chiz and VG?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

They won 8 games. Makes your point even more.
I realized it after I posted, but yeah 8 or 9 win year is just "average" in SEC nowdays with 12 regular season games. Even if they win their bowl game, they won't have back to back 10 win seasons again!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I have only one response to Barners talking smack about "fearing" them: "When you've won 3 national titles in 5 years and have the possibility of a fourth title in six years, then come talk to me, little brother."

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

I have only one response to Barners talking smack about "fearing" them: "When you've won 3 national titles in 5 years and have the possibility of a fourth title in six years, then come talk to me, little brother."
And they will have to do better than go 2-5 against us over the last seven years for me to be concerned.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Look at their roster. Their Front line needs some muscle. LB and Safety will have lot of issues being that they were in different system and They will struggle to get it right next year. Muschamp and Gus will argue a lot on sideline. I don't see Auburn making changes to their offense ( they need to) Teams are starting to figure them out. My thought with jeremy Johnson, offense should be the same, but who knows.
We'll air it out a lot more next year. Jeremy is a passing QB.

ETA: Sammie is going pro, though. That hurts. Projected second round, so I don't fault him in the slightest. Time to go earn some cheddar.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

But, is their receivers able? WE'll see.
We'll air it out a lot more next year. Jeremy is a passing QB.

ETA: Sammie is going pro, though. That hurts. Projected second round, so I don't fault him in the slightest. Time to go earn some cheddar.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I realized it after I posted, but yeah 8 or 9 win year is just "average" in SEC nowdays with 12 regular season games. Even if they win their bowl game, they won't have back to back 10 win seasons again!
What does 1984, 1994, & 2014 all have in common??? Alabama's victory over AU kept them from having back to back 10 win seasons!!! RTR!!!

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007

Let aubren basque in their irrational exuberance they will realize soon enough that mushchamps x's& o's are no better than Johnsons x's &o's but they still have to pay mushchamp. 1.6 m.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

But, is their receivers able? WE'll see.
A fair point. We do have some experienced guys coming back in Jaylon Denson, Marcus Davis and his favorite target, Melvin Ray.

We're waiting with baited breath for Duke's decision. I think it's a forgone conclusion that he declares for the draft.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al

A fair point. We do have some experienced guys coming back in Jaylon Denson, Marcus Davis and his favorite target, Melvin Ray.

We're waiting with baited breath for Duke's decision. I think it's a forgone conclusion that he declares for the draft.
I believe Mel Kiper projected both receivers late 1st round or early 2nd round. From a Bama fan, I'll be glad to see both of them go pro.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Duke and coates... I wish we had them on our side, they're a beast. We definitely do respect them and I'm glad to see them gone and we wish them the best in NFL. very impressed with them

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.