Link: Barn has offered Muschamp (update: CWM has accepted)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update, CWM allegedly going to USCe)

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I forgot, how many yards did we get on Boom's defense this year? Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will see how he likes putting his defense on the field when they run a couple of 3 and outs in a row with the 5 defensive recruits he will get each year.
That odd trope that we don't recruit defense again. Huh.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update: supposedly has accepted)

Where did this idea Auburn doesn't have talent on defense originate? There's plenty of talent on that defense. Ellis Johnson just didn't develop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Well it IS an upgrade for AU. I know we have had success against Boom but he did have very good Defenses at UF.

I'm kind of surprised he didn't take the USCe position. If he wants to be a HC again then surely Spurrier is retiring before anyone else. I expect Gus to be at AU for as long as they will have him.

This is really just Boom trying to audition for a different HC job I guess or he is content to be a career DC now.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp (update, CWM allegedly going to USCe)

That odd trope that we don't recruit defense again. Huh.
Right? This is a great hire for Auburn. They already recruit well, now they finally have someone that can develop the talent and teach your team how to tackle.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

Well it IS an upgrade for AU. I know we have had success against Boom but he did have very good Defenses at UF.

I'm kind of surprised he didn't take the USCe position. If he wants to be a HC again then surely Spurrier is retiring before anyone else. I expect Gus to be at AU for as long as they will have him.

This is really just Boom trying to audition for a different HC job I guess or he is content to be a career DC now.
I'm guessing he went to Auburn because they will generally be in the play off discussion. So a few good years there and he's off to bigger and better things.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011

Is this a Gus hire or a PTB hire? If Pat Dye and company are up to their old tricks, then things could get ugly in the loveliest village. Gus might be open to other jobs if he is not allowed to run the show.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'm guessing he went to Auburn because they will generally be in the play off discussion. So a few good years there and he's off to bigger and better things.
Maybe but they've still never had back to back 10 wins or more seasons. Until this year Spurrier and USCe won 11 games like 3 seasons in a row and defense was definitely their main problem this past year. I guess we will see how it pans out but CSS needs some defense.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Didn't he leave *u under some less than stellar circumstances? I'm sorry, but I can't wish anyone at *u any kind of good luck. I would have thought kinder of him at most any other University, but especially not *u.

Roll Tide!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

The snickering sounds very familiar to what followed Lane Kiffin's firing at USC. And then we were reminded, up close and personally, what he is capable of as a coordinator.

Auburn just got significantly better.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

He's a good DC. I would've preferred he went somewhere else, like USCe. Oh well, we still have the best in the business at the helm.

Beat tOSU, onward to 16!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Good for him. Someone may know better, but I seem to recall that the Saban-Muschamp relationship has deteriorated significantly over the past few years which, along with the money, could have factored in his decision.

Last edited:

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa

We had little trouble against his D at Texas.
Little trouble against his D at UF.
Kiffin (as OC at USC ) had little trouble against his D at Texas. (USC's only real problem in that game was Vince Young)
I continue to expect very little trouble from his D.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014

We had little trouble against his D at Texas.
Little trouble against his D at UF.
Kiffin (as OC at USC ) had little trouble against his D at Texas. (USC's only real problem in that game was Vince Young)
I continue to expect very little trouble from his D.
This. For all the talk of our defense over the last few years, I really can't compare it to the defenses we had in the past. Sometimes a bad offense makes a defense look good and the East is down on offense.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

I think it's good for us. He was a terrible recruiter at FL. I'm still not over his smart Alec comments on his first bowl game about CNS, he was to stupid to understand that coach was saying both deserved a BIG BOWL. He's a NUT.

BTW what has he REALLY done as a DC?

we scored a lot of points on the Texicans when our offense wasn't that great. Their O had a good 3rd QTR but the game was not as close as the score.

and at FL we scored a few points on him both times.

he is way over rated in my view & $1.8M a year is just plain crazy.

Ask to why NONE of the HC openings Now want him. My bet is they are afraid of law suits when he hits a kid on the sidelines. Barn always can rely Lightfoot Franklin & White, they stand ready.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This is a great hire for Auburn, and a great job for CWM. Auburn will be in the hunt for national titles, and Gus won't stay around much longer.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Solid hire for the barn, SECW didn't get easier with this hire.
Totally agree.

I don't see this as a problem for Bama at all.....because Bama has always had a better defense than all other teams they face and should continue to do so. Especially with such a good offense. It just helps strengthen the SEC as a whole - always a good thing.

Happy for Coach Boom.....just hope he doesn't pillage from our remaining defensive staff!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Solid hire for the barn, SECW didn't get easier with this hire.
Yep...we need to make sure to give CLK a big raise to keep him around as OC for as long as possible. I'm all for him being the highest paid OC in the country. Whatever it takes because winning through shootouts is going to become increasingly necessary with the way the SEC is evolving.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.