Link: Barn has offered Muschamp (update: CWM has accepted)

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Re: Barn has offered Muschamp

I am going out on a limb here and saying WM to AU as DC is a done deal. They are waiting on one of two things. To announce Sat am to take advantage of the SECCG limelight that they are not apart of and steal a little air time from UA.

The other reason would be if WM does not want any of his coaches to have to pay any buyouts for leaving and see if UF would get all of McElwains staff in place and fire all current coaches. It's a game of semantics and finances that is holding up the announcement IMO.
Or maybe he's waiting because he hasn't made up his mind yet. Could be waiting to see if any HC offers or nfl offers or other DC offers come along. The auburn rumors might turn out to be true (probably the safe bet right now), but they are still rumors that originated from an auburn fan site.

Although they are probably 3rd in the running behind auburn & TAM, USC does have the luxury of still having a DC on staff to shore up recruiting, etc. auburn and TAM cannot afford to wait too long to make a hire. If Muschamp wants to wait until the nfl regular season is over to see what offers surface there, the tigers and aggies will have to move on while USC can wait it out. I think this is what Spurrier is hoping for.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bruce Feldman told Finebaum he expects the war for Mushamp to continue until late next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

With the big $ UF will have to pay Muschamp you would think he would take a year or so off and relax and spend quality time with family. Something good will come along if they see he isn't jumping on any job to come along. Maybe work with The SEC Channel. Who knows.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

With the big $ UF will have to pay Muschamp you would think he would take a year or so off and relax and spend quality time with family. Something good will come along if they see he isn't jumping on any job to come along. Maybe work with The SEC Channel. Who knows.
This would be great! He and Gene Chizik together would be awesome! I've enjoyed Gene Chizik this year on SECTV and think he does a good job.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

This would be great! He and Gene Chizik together would be awesome! I've enjoyed Gene Chizik this year on SECTV and think he does a good job.
Or they could start their own web business: DefensiveCoordinatorMingle.com. First two to sign up would be Ellis Johnson and Whammy Ward.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I'd certainly wait to see what all dominos fall at the end of the season, but who knows. Perhaps his family has his ear on somewhere they'd like to be and he's going for that. I could certainly see the lure of not wanting to be HC and take all the money, a position you excel at, and be able to focus all your energy on that. Seems to have worked well for Lane.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

Yeah. It doesn't mean much, though. Somebody over at the USCe Rivals board is "confirming" it as well. :biggrin:
All that's been said on news here is that Spurrier has talked to Muschamp, with the assumption being that an offer was made (but that part is speculation).

This has been an oddly covered story, with the "news" on the subject seemingly originating from team fan sites. Fan sites tossing out rumor as fact is nothing new, but The oddity is major sports sites running with the stories with only this as their source.

The longer this drags out the better it bodes for USC, but right now it appears based on auburn's rivals site story (since that counts as news these days) that they are the favorite.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Auburn's problem is talent on defense, not DC (IMO)

They lack pass rushers and a presence in the secondary.

Muschamp wont help them much until they land a good defensive recruit class over there..................

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Auburn's problem is talent on defense, not DC (IMO)

They lack pass rushers and a presence in the secondary.

Muschamp wont help them much until they land a good defensive recruit class over there..................
Adding to the fact that Auburn has a harder schedule next year with a less talented offense. If the defense isnt up to snuff it could be close to a 7 win season, and they wont be blaming Gus for their shortcomings either.
DateOpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Sept. 5
Louisville Cardinals
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sept. 12
Jacksonville State Gamecocks
Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 19
at LSU Tigers
Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sept. 26
Mississippi State Bulldogs
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 3
San Jose State Spartans
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 10
---Open Date------
Thursday
Oct. 15
at Kentucky Wildcats
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 24
at Arkansas Razorbacks
D.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 31
Ole Miss Rebels
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 7
at Texas A&M Aggies
Kyle Field, College Station, TX
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 14
Georgia Bulldogs
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 21
Idaho Vandals
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 28
Alabama Crimson Tide

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

Adding to the fact that Auburn has a harder schedule next year with a less talented offense. If the defense isnt up to snuff it could be close to a 7 win season, and they wont be blaming Gus for their shortcomings either.
DateOpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Sept. 5
Louisville Cardinals
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sept. 12
Jacksonville State Gamecocks
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 19
at LSU Tigers
Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sept. 26
Mississippi State Bulldogs
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 3
San Jose State Spartans
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 10
---Open Date------
Thursday
Oct. 15
at Kentucky Wildcats
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 24
at Arkansas Razorbacks
D.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 31
Ole Miss Rebels
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 7
at Texas A&M Aggies
Kyle Field, College Station, TX
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 14
Georgia Bulldogs
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 21
Idaho Vandals
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 28
Alabama Crimson Tide
I think they have 7 losses, Louisville, LSU,Arky,Ole sis, A&M, Jawga, TIDE
they will barely beat Miss St & KY

just my opinion, thanks for posting

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

I think they have 7 losses, Louisville, LSU,Arky,Ole sis, A&M, Jawga, TIDE
they will barely beat Miss St & KY

just my opinion, thanks for posting
just don't see it happening. Those other schools haven't out performed Auburn on the recruiting trail, they'll beat Louisville, KY, ole miss, and aTm. They may not have as talented of a roster that we have, but there are a few guys on that squad I bet we wouldn't mind seeing in Crimson. That said, the barns defense has been awful since before the season. There was an article (AL.com) about barns two-a-days and the amount of injuries and players missing practice. So it sounds like conditioning and physical development is a real issue down there. I guess they still don't take their football seriously. Haha

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i haven't seen cheese nip yet on the seccg, but i do remember seeing him in a guest broadcasting spot a couple of years back and thought he did well.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

just don't see it happening. Those other schools haven't out performed Auburn on the recruiting trail, they'll beat Louisville, KY, ole miss, and aTm. They may not have as talented of a roster that we have, but there are a few guys on that squad I bet we wouldn't mind seeing in Crimson. That said, the barns defense has been awful since before the season. There was an article (AL.com) about barns two-a-days and the amount of injuries and players missing practice. So it sounds like conditioning and physical development is a real issue down there. I guess they still don't take their football seriously. Haha
without seeing the spring magazines and practices Ill say they beat KY and Ole miss. But Louisville and aTm are toss ups IMO pretty much who scores last. Arky, LSU, UGA, and Bama would be my losses with one out of the shootouts.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.