Bret Bielema in serious talk with Nebraska (rumor, apparently untrue)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Bret Bielema in serious talk with Nebraska

He was doing that at Wisconsin. And chose to leave. This would be like marrying the same woman a 2nd time just because she moved a few blocks over.
He left Wisconsin because he couldn't keep his assistant coaches because the AD and powers that be would not pay their assistants market value. BB said that is why he came to an SEC school so he would have the money to keep his assistant coaches. I have no idea what Nebraska's athletic department looks like financially..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think he goes... Will hear more by Friday... makes me wonder who's gonna apply for Arkansas job... Gundy?

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN

My opinion is he stays at Arkansas. No way the AD there is going to let Bielema go after just two years and he already has the program going in the right direction.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

Nebraska, unlike Wisconsin, would probably pay his assistants much better. That is one of the main reasons he left Wisconsin – they wouldn't pay his assistants enough.

I thought the assistant pay was a B1G thing, not a Wisconsin thing. Wasn't there a stink a few years ago about how the B1G limited assistant coach pay?

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL

My opinion is he stays at Arkansas. No way the AD there is going to let Bielema go after just two years and he already has the program going in the right direction.
Hmmmn, isn't that AD busy with some other project right now? Something about the College Football Playoff I think. :wink:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

If he goes to Nebraska I will eat a raw hog snout and post the video on here! ( I'm probably lying).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I dont generally agree with Colin Cowherd but he hit the nail on the head with Nebraska. Its not a great job due to sights,fan expectation,and how you have to recruit. Granted Arkansas aint much better in sights, but the expectations and recruiting are far better in Arkansas. If Bielema stays it would be a far better choice unless its about money. Nebraska would be a harder job.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Chris Lowe tweeted:

Talked to Bret Bielema and he said he's not going to Nebraska and that he's all Hog.
Thanks to the greatness of the internet, we have this now:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA

He has a good thing going in Fayetteville right now. He almost beat the #1 team in the nation...then he shutout LSU and Ole Miss. They are going to a bowl game...so he gets that much more practice time in.

As others have said...LSU and A&M look like lost programs and who knows what kind of team AU will field next fall with so many play makers leaving.

I know some hardcore Hog fans and they are big Bielema fans now...they'd definitely be heartbroken if he left now.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

C'mon it's NEBRASKA!! That's not a job you turn down to stay at Arky. There is really nothing else to dissect.

They are an All-Time Top team like Bama, ND, Mich, OSU, Texas, Okla, USC etc etc.

They are not on probation and ripe for resurrection to greatness. He's the Perfect fit too in bringing a smash mouth physical style back to the Huskers.

Give him a few years and he'll send Urban back into a panic attack retirement.

I love this move if true. A great Nebraska program is good for CFB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.