Amari Cooper's Career #'s vs. Auburn

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I haven't seen this discussed much in the post game threads, and I thought these eye-popping numbers deserved their own topic. And yes, I know we have a big game this week, but fans can look back a bit...right?

In three career Iron Bowls, Amari Cooper has DESTROYED Auburn defenses:

2012- 5 rec, 109 yds. 2 td's
2013- 6 rec, 178 yds. 1 td's, 1 rush 28 yds.
2014- 13 rec, 224 yds. 3 td's

All told, 25 touches for an incredible 539 yds. and 6 td's. :eek:

I'm 41 years old, and I can't for the life of me recall a player dominating another team year in and year out like Amari has with Auburn.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
He's a headache for defensive coordinators (and former ones), that's for sure. So skilled and fun to watch. RTR!!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I watched the Sec Network replay of the 'Film Room' version of the game and Marcus Spears was raving about him.

After one of his last 1st down catches late in the game he said 'He guys I just gotta stop for a minute and say if THAT man ain't in NY....They need to throw the trophy away.'

At the end he argued that Coop should win the Heisman because he IS the best player in CFB and that 'He's the Bomb...He just blows up'!!

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I watched the Sec Network replay of the 'Film Room' version of the game and Marcus Spears was raving about him.

After one of his last 1st down catches late in the game he said 'He guys I just gotta stop for a minute and say if THAT man ain't in NY....They need to throw the trophy away.'

At the end he argued that Coop should win the Heisman because he IS the best player in CFB and the 'He's a Bomb...He just blows up'!!
I loved how much space he put between himself and the auburn defenders on almost every play. Made it easier on the QB, easier for the catch, and then yards after the catch. So much skill in his routes!

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
When you take one of the greatest college receivers ever, and pit him against a secondary that is just as bad as he is awesome, that's what happens.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I loved how much space he put between himself and the auburn defenders on almost every play. Made it easier on the QB, easier for the catch, and then yards after the catch. So much skill in his routes!
He's smooth as silk man. He makes everything look effortless. He runs routes with precision, has Elite speed, he can highpoint jump balls, he can slide low, he can use body control to catch passes behind him, he has hands like a Tree frog, he judges the ball in the air and slows down or speeds up accordingly....and

That move....where he does that little head duck fake/slash dip juke....it's over son....that DB is just looking at 'Cooper' on his back.

I keep saying this....He's coming for Rice, Carter, and Moss in the NFL record books. I hope the Colts get him and Luck throws to him for 10-15 years.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I haven't seen this discussed much in the post game threads, and I thought these eye-popping numbers deserved their own topic. And yes, I know we have a big game this week, but fans can look back a bit...right?

In three career Iron Bowls, Amari Cooper has DESTROYED Auburn defenses:

2012- 5 rec, 109 yds. 2 td's
2013- 6 rec, 178 yds. 1 td's, 1 rush 28 yds.
2014- 13 rec, 224 yds. 3 td's

All told, 25 touches for an incredible 539 yds. and 6 td's. :eek:

I'm 41 years old, and I can't for the life of me recall a player dominating another team year in and year out like Amari has with Auburn.
That's some crazy numbers. You would have thought throughout the season that the Barn had our number and we'd never win another Iron Bowl. :biggrin:

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
Hands like a Tree frog? :) Good one....

What was it Bryant said about class and being able to recognize it a mile away?....He could have been looking at Coop

B

BroadwayJoe777

The greatest wide receiver I have ever seen in my life college or pro: Amari Cooper.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.