Amari Cooper's Career #'s vs. Auburn

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
He's smooth as silk man. He makes everything look effortless. He runs routes with precision, has Elite speed, he can highpoint jump balls, he can slide low, he can use body control to catch passes behind him, he has hands like a Tree frog, he judges the ball in the air and slows down or speeds up accordingly....and

That move....where he does that little head duck fake/slash dip juke....it's over son....that DB is just looking at 'Cooper' on his back.

I keep saying this....He's coming for Rice, Carter, and Moss in the NFL record books. I hope the Colts get him and Luck throws to him for 10-15 years.
Hate to tell you but the chances of him going to the Colts are slim to none. They'd have to give up a ton to move up high enough to get him and TY Hilton is a great number one option.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
You are correct they will be glad he is gone, I am not going to lie though I hope Coates and Williams for them joins Coop in the draft.Williams when healthy is a beast.
Pretty sure Coates is a sophomore...honestly before this Iron Bowl I didn't think much of Coates. I thought he was a speed merchant who couldn't run routes...now I just think he's a speed merchant.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
And he was only a step behind when it came to playing UT.

2012- 7 rec, 162 yds. 2 td's
2013- 5 rec, 75 yds. 1 td
2014- 9 rec, 224 yds. 2 td's

His biggest games always came against our 2 biggest rivals. Even more reason I'd have to say he's the best WR we've ever had.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Hate to tell you but the chances of him going to the Colts are slim to none. They'd have to give up a ton to move up high enough to get him and TY Hilton is a great number one option.
Oh man I don't keep up with the NFL at all other than checking in on Ingy, Lacy, and Julio. I just said the Colts because that would be the perfect place to have a All-Pro QB passing to you for a decade or longer.

Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc etc and some of the other Top guys are nearing the final 3-5 years of their careers. I just hope Coop goes to a place with a great QB and he gets a shot to fight for the #1 or #2 spot immediately.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Pretty sure Coates is a sophomore...honestly before this Iron Bowl I didn't think much of Coates. I thought he was a speed merchant who couldn't run routes...now I just think he's a speed merchant.
Coates is a Junior and he is very rangy he has made several big catches for the barn this year. And as we saw he can be a matchup problem.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Coates is a Junior and he is very rangy he has made several big catches for the barn this year. And as we saw he can be a matchup problem.
I don't remember him at all as a freshman...Every time I've seen Coates score it was purely because of his speed. And if in not mistaken his career numbers aren't great.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I don't remember him at all as a freshman...Every time I've seen Coates score it was purely because of his speed. And if in not mistaken his career numbers aren't great.
It's this very reason that I think we may see Coates again next year. His career numbers are very 'meh'. He's a good player, but we made him look all-world.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
You're saying Amari Cooper is the greatest player in Alabama or Auburn history then. Big statement.

Not sure it isn't true though.
Well he's had the best collective games in terms of flat out dominance and stats within the Iron Bowl game that's for sure.

He's the Best WR of either team EVER and to me there isn't even a close 2nd.

In no particular order for us on offense I'd say David Palmer, Shaun Alexander, Mark Ingram, and Amari Cooper are the Best, Most Explosive, MVP, Clutch, Take over games players we have ever had.

Last edited:

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Oh man I don't keep up with the NFL at all other than checking in on Ingy, Lacy, and Julio. I just said the Colts because that would be the perfect place to have a All-Pro QB passing to you for a decade or longer.

Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc etc and some of the other Top guys are nearing the final 3-5 years of their careers. I just hope Coop goes to a place with a great QB and he gets a shot to fight for the #1 or #2 spot immediately.
Hilton has really asserted himself lately at one point I think he was leading the league in receiving yards. The passing attack is the only consistent thing about the Colts so I think they'll look elsewhere with their number one pick. Coop could definitely do some damage with a legitimate franchise QB. I hate to see him with a new QB every couple of years like Fitzgerald.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Hilton has really asserted himself lately at one point I think he was leading the league in receiving yards. The passing attack is the only consistent thing about the Colts so I think they'll look elsewhere with their number one pick. Coop could definitely do some damage with a legitimate franchise QB. I hate to see him with a new QB every couple of years like Fitzgerald.
It would be awesome to see him in Green Bay the way Rogers is playing. Not to mention seeing him united with Lacy and Ha Ha.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Please fall to the Seahawks, please fall to the Seahawks. Long way off of course, but it would be nice to see him and Norwood catching passes from Wilson. He won't last that long though.

Anyway, I'm glad we have him for at least a couple more games.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yeah Randy Moss kind of went through that too for all of his career from Cunningham to George to Culpepper to Collins to Brady to Cassel to Smith to Kaepernick. He overcame it because of his freak talent.

I think Coop could overcome that type of stuff too but Ideally of course we'd all like him to have a stable Franchise QB throwing to him for an extended time.

I used to follow the NFL hardcore but I just can't watch it anymore. The balance is too off now between rushing and passing imho.....but as you can probably tell I'm a BIG Moss fan and I am super partial to WR's. Fitzgerald is AMAZING. He was the best CFB WR in Div 1 that I had ever seen until Cooper. Moss was off the charts too but Marshall was Div 1-AA until his last year I think.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Well he's had the best collective games in terms of flat out dominance and stats within the Iron Bowl game that's for sure.

He's the Best WR of either team EVER and to me there isn't even a close 2nd.

In no particular order for us on offense I'd say Shaun Alexander, Mark Ingram, and Amari Cooper are the Best, Most Explosive, MVP, Clutch, Take over games players we have ever had.
I would also add David Palmer to that list. Every time he came in the game he was a threat to score, WR, RB, or even under center at QB. Palmer was unreal for Coach Stallings.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I would also add David Palmer to that list. Every time he came in the game he was a threat to score, WR, RB, or even under center at QB. Palmer was unreal for Coach Stallings.
Your right....he outright won games for us. Shame on me for leaving him out. PR, KR, and WR threat....and who can forget when he played QB against UT in '93 and scored on the 2-point conv. to salvage a tie. If he could have had the '94 version of Barker throwing to him his WR stats would have been SICK. I'll edit and add him :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.