CBS contract dispute puts Saturday's game in jeopardy on DISH Network

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Directv all the way. They did have a dispute with one of our local channels. It was off air for a few days to a week.

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
I almost changed when they were out for 6 weeks with 9 other channels. I knew I should have changed then. I have never had this much trouble with Dish before. They don't care about their customers just the almighty dollar.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I almost changed when they were out for 6 weeks with 9 other channels. I knew I should have changed then. I have never had this much trouble with Dish before. They don't care about their customers just the almighty dollar.
wow. That is crazy. Hope you get something figured out.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
If there is a CBS affiliate, in your area, this will tell you if there is, and what size antenna you would need.

http://antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

Once you get the antenna up, it costs nothing.

Won't work for the playoffs or the bowl games, since ESPN has a monopoly on that, but at least it will work for Saturday.

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
I'll never understand this type of stuff. You can literally build an antenna for under $5 that can pick up local channels in HD.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Cuda is right. I forgot about that. Pick up antenna from walmart or radio shack and you can hook it up, and boom you can get local channels for free. As for espn, if you are away from home, you can watch it on espn...just download watch espn app, and if you have dish, comcast, medicomn, etc... you can use your login name and password to log in.. Direct Tv is the only one that doesn't have that.
If there is a CBS affiliate, in your area, this will tell you if there is, and what size antenna you would need.

http://antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

Once you get the antenna up, it costs nothing.

Won't work for the playoffs or the bowl games, since ESPN has a monopoly on that, but at least it will work for Saturday.

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
Don't you have to have those box thingys to play a television on an antenna or is that just for non digital ones? I can't think of what they are called.

Last edited:

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Cuda is right. I forgot about that. Pick up antenna from walmart or radio shack and you can hook it up, and boom you can get local channels for free. As for espn, if you are away from home, you can watch it on espn...just download watch espn app, and if you have dish, comcast, medicomn, etc... you can use your login name and password to log in.. Direct Tv is the only one that doesn't have that.
I can literally connect two two wires together with alligator clips and get crystal clear CBS in HD.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
DirecTV has disputes too, just none that have interfered with Alabama playing in an SEC Championship.

This is pretty standard, it's just a bad time to have this dispute.

FWIW, if DirecTV was having this dispute, you wouldn't be able to watch on the ESPN app. Their contract doesn't include non-traditional media platforms.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.