Link: Gary Danielson on the Iron Bowl and the SEC Championship Game

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
The only thing that Palmer said that made me shake my head during the game was that he said Cooper is the Lebron James for Bama. That comparison is wrong on so many levels..
He was very proud of that comparison. He rode it all night. I agree, basketball to football comparisons don't usually work, unless you're comparing Michael Jordan to Joe Montana, or quarterbacks to point guards, or tight ends going up to get the ball to centers snagging rebounds, but not Amari Cooper to Lebron James. Physically, Amari is nothing like Lebron James. Polar opposite. I would compare Big Ben to Lebron cause he's like a big ole bear that sure can move. But not Amari Cooper.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I like both Gary and Verne. but then I'm not expecting Bama cheerleaders to do our games.

Gary is damn good at reading the flow of the game and pointing out a ton of details that often go unnoticed with other color men. He's uncanny in spotting penalties, whether by illegal formations or facemasks or holding, etc. It's as if he sees all 22 players on a play.

Verne is past his better days, but he adds a little humor to the broadcasts.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I like both Gary and Verne. but then I'm not expecting Bama cheerleaders to do our games.

Gary is damn good at reading the flow of the game and pointing out a ton of details that often go unnoticed with other color men. He's uncanny in spotting penalties, whether by illegal formations or facemasks or holding, etc. It's as if he sees all 22 players on a play.

Maybe if we win 115 championships, we'll stop mining every public comment for a slight. Then again ....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I find myself frustrated with Gary's critiques when Bama is playing bad and/or losing. I'm not sure why that is. :wink:

kapeman

Dec 13, 2011
I still miss Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried calling the games for ESPN. They are the best broadcast duo since Skip Carey and Ernie Johnson and the best football announcers since Keith Jackson and anybody but Bob Griese.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The very last line

is what concerns me most, if he plays out of his mind a la Garcia.
Agree. We seem to have this humanitarian streak in us whereby we have a penchant for presenting "career day" opportunities for QB`s who have to that point been rather pedestrian/streaky ( Garcia, Wallace, Knight, etc., etc. ). Wish to hell we`d stop doing that!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I used to not like Gary, but then came Palmer. Seriously I think the thing that made me not likee gary was that his northern accent made him sound really arrogant and a know it all. I think he has done something in his game calling this year to not project that feel as much. He actually knows his stuff (for the most part). I really think Palmer is Chris Collingsworth v 2.0 at being loud, dumb, and obnoxious.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Gary is ok. He has gotten better over time. He sees a lot to point out in ways that others never do (Palmer). But others are right, he's so proud when he points something out he just cannot let it go. I wish he was with a better play by play guy. Somebody like Keith Jackson or Pat Summerall. Verne's various little catch phrases have gotten annoying.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.