Nebraska hires Mike Riley from Oregon State

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
If I were a Nebraska fan I would be feeling very depressed right about now. I hope Riley does well but this is a very underwhelming hire for Nebraska.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
So he would not leave Oregon St. to come to Tuscaloosa, but he would leave to go to Nebraska? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but everything works out in the end.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Maybe they just over reacted to Bo P. personality and hired the other end of the spectrum. Riley is easy to pull for, but this is a surprise. He seemed to fit well at Oregon St and their expectations. It will be different at Nebraska no matter how classy a guy he is.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Absolutely terrible hire by Nebraska. Mike Riley is not a great coach. He makes Mike Shula look like Nick Saban as far as ambition. I'm very happy for Oregon State as they couldn't afford to fire him, but maybe now can get a decent coach. I'm stunned, but happy.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Can someone post that link that shows all the schools message boards? It was huskerx or something like that. I lost it. :(

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
So he would not leave Oregon St. to come to Tuscaloosa, but he would leave to go to Nebraska? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but everything works out in the end.
He wasn't ready for T-town. We would have had the same results we had with Shula.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.