Why hasn't Coach Saban been listed as a Target for all of these "high profile" jobs?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Why hasn't Coach Saban been listed as a Target for all of these "high profile" jobs?

I find it odd....this is the first year I remember where Coach hasn't been rumored to be going somewhere else.....

I wonder why?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Re: Why hasn't Coach Saban been listed as a Target for all of these "high profile" jo

Because of the jobs open so far, none have been even close to comparable in stature to the Bama job. I think everyone knows he isn't leaving Bama if he hasn't already, and if he did, it wouldn't be for a less than lateral move like Florida or Nebraska.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Re: Why hasn't Coach Saban been listed as a Target for all of these "high profile" jo

The "Saban is definitely going to Texas" baloney last year was incredibly annoying. I'm glad there hasn't been anything this year during the season.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Why even start a thread about this :D He's not going anywhere. HE probably told Jimmy after last year.. enough is enough...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

It will start up again should we go all Chicken Little when the Tide struggles.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

Who wants a boring coach who is only defensively minded and struggles with HUNH offenses?

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

• How many schools could afford him?
  • He's consistently said for a few years now that he isn't leaving.
  • His longevity is becoming a factor in terms of how long he'll continue to coach.
  • He has used past offers primarily as a leverage tool to increase pay at Alabama and teams courting him have ended up just wasting their time and money.

I doubt he's ever seriously considered for any other job again.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004

Coach Saban's not that good of a coach, plus he hasn't won anything or stayed anywhere longer than 4 years (can't win back to back 10 win seasons). Who would want to put up with that from a coach getting $7 million a year?

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD

I'm tempted to say it's because the media got tired of looking stupid, but they seem to have an inexhaustible supply of stupid, so maybe not...

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Just heard with Coach Saban leaving....Jon Gruden is very interested.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I'm tempted to say it's because the media got tired of looking stupid, but they seem to have an inexhaustible supply of stupid, so maybe not...
Great post...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.