Why hasn't Coach Saban been listed as a Target for all of these "high profile" jobs?

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Re: Why hasn't Coach Saban been listed as a Target for all of these "high profile" jo

Reality :D

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Re: Why hasn't Coach Saban been listed as a Target for all of these "high profile" jo

I'm tempted to say it's because the media got tired of looking stupid, but they seem to have an inexhaustible supply of stupid, so maybe not...
I think you nailed it! Please forgive my fat thumb.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

He's 63, and he doesn't want to start a new life somewhere else. He's happy being the coach of the best football program in America. Colleges know that, plus, in all honesty, they don't won't to hire a 63 year old head coach to rebuild a program.
sip

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

After the Texas circus last year the message was pretty clear, he's staying.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

He's 63, and he doesn't want to start a new life somewhere else. He's happy being the coach of the best football program in America.
Agree!

Colleges know that, plus, in all honesty, they don't won't to hire a 63 year old head coach to rebuild a program.
sip
Vehemently disagree!
There are probably at least 120 FBS schools that would hire CNS TODAY if he would come.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Agree!

Vehemently disagree!
There are probably at least 120 FBS schools that would hire CNS TODAY if he would come.
Maybe I should rephrase. Most colleges would probably "prefer" to hire a younger coach to start a rebuilding job.
On the other hand, Coach Saban is a very "young" 63 and could probably coach until he's 90 if he chose to, so I'll agree with your opinion on this one. I stand corrected.
sip

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Maybe I should rephrase. Most colleges would probably "prefer" to hire a younger coach to start a rebuilding job.
On the other hand, Coach Saban is a very "young" 63 and could probably coach until he's 90 if he chose to, so I'll agree with your opinion on this one. I stand corrected.
sip
I do agree that most schools would probably rather hire a younger guy, but I think CNS is so good that most people would not look at that.

I am baffled by Nebraska hiring Mike Riley, but I was even more shocked to see that Riley is 61.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Even so what college could possibly outbid alabama for CNS???

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

I think other ADs have looked at the situation and said, "If Texas $$ can't lure him away, what chance do we have?"

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

Yeah, I'm shocked the barn didn't offer their opening for the D coordinator to Saban. rolleye

Why are we even discussing this??

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

He's 63, and he doesn't want to start a new life somewhere else. He's happy being the coach of the best football program in America. Colleges know that, plus, in all honesty, they don't won't to hire a 63 year old head coach to rebuild a program.
sip

Nebraska doesn't seem to mind hiring a coach that is 61.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Yeah, I'm shocked the barn didn't offer their opening for the D coordinator to Saban. rolleye

Why are we even discussing this??
Just a guess, but the OP was probably referring to the Michigan, Florida and Nebraska jobs.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

$7.5 million a year kind of scares most schools off I suspect.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.