Alabama offensive lineman named Academic All-American

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Got to talk to him one night at the Business Honors dinner. He's a really soft spoken and humble sort of guy. He wants to support and operate businesses focused on bringing drinking water to isolated African populations....

One day after his surgery in spring practice I watched him climbing the stadium stairs. He had to put both feet on each step. Took him forever just to get to the top. Never thought he'd play another down. Suffice it to say, I'm not surprised when he has a little trouble beating our running backs to the edge for pull blocks. Whatever you've given to the University of Alabama, he's given the insides of both knees.

Hurray for you, Arie.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
So glad Earle put this front and center on the football board. This is what student athletes should strive for. Arie, congrats on great accomplishments on and off the field.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
There are many great stories like this at every university, and I am glad Arie's accomplishment is being shared. This is a true example of what college athletics and student-athletes are supposed to be about.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Sounds like Mr. Kouandijo has a lot in common with another Tide great, a certain lifetime member of the ALL-CLASS team...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It really impresses me when our players excel in academics like this. I can't imagine how stressful and time consuming it is to be a student athlete.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.