Phil Steele Predicts Bama to Win 34-16

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

College football expert Phil Steele made his weekly appearance on the ESPN's CFB Betting Spreecast and shared his thoughts on the SEC Championship Game matchup between Alabama and Missouri.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I hope we hang more than 40 on them. I'm a lil concerned with all the love the media is giving to us that it may end up being billboard fodder for the Zou ... but I'm believing our boys will be focused with whats on the line. Its win or go home from here on out so go be champions, young men!

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
ALA2262

BamaNation All-AmericanJoin DateAug 2007LocationCumming, GAPosts2,786Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick the score: Missouri vs. Alabama (SECCG)

34-13 Bama!​

Yeah im also skeptical of the stat I keep seeing scroll across the bottom of the screen on ESPN. Amari Cooper has had 7 100 yard receiving games this year. Missouri has only allowed one 100 yard receiving game. But when you consider their opponents, they haven't faced a WR nearly as talented as Cooper.
Yeah, the schedule they've played hast been good. I looked at the game against UK, and well, not that good. But they have succeeded where people thought they'd fail. If Arky though would have kept running the ball after halftime we'd be talking about UGA right now.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Every way I compare the team stats, Alabama wins by 2 scores - and that without accounting for Alabama's more difficult schedule. If Alabama loses this game, they will have Clemsoned.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Every way I compare the team stats, Alabama wins by 2 scores - and that without accounting for Alabama's more difficult schedule. If Alabama loses this game, they will have Clemsoned.
If we come to play and go into "Beast Mode" as Coach Saban puts it we win by 14+, but if we come in not ready to play it will be a close game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yeah im also skeptical of the stat I keep seeing scroll across the bottom of the screen on ESPN. Amari Cooper has had 7 100 yard receiving games this year. Missouri has only allowed one 100 yard receiving game. But when you consider their opponents, they haven't faced a WR nearly as talented as Cooper.
Mizzou's opponents' top receiver each week:

South Dakota State: Jake Wieneke, 6 catches 107 yards
Toledo: Alonzo Russell, 6 catches 89 yards
UCF: Rannell Hall, 8 catches 73 yards
Indiana: Shane Wynn, 6 catches 60 yards
South Carolina: Nick Jones, 5 catches 72 yards
Georgia: Michael Bennett, 5 catches 53 yards
Florida: Demarcus Robinson, 4 catches 48 yards
Vanderbilt: Steven Scheu, 6 catches 81 yards
Kentucky: Stanley Williams, 5 catches 58 yards
Texas A&M: Josh Reynolds, 5 catches 125 yards
Tennessee: Pig Howard, 8 catches 90 yards
Arkansas: Hunter Henry, 4 catches 48 yards

On the season, Mizzou gives up 5.92 yards per attempt but 10.08 yards per completion. Like you said, they haven't faced a WR with Coop's ability thus far. We'll need to control their speed rushers to give Blake time to throw, but we should be able to do well in the air.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.