Game Thread: Anybody a `Zona Fan tonite ?? (AZ vs Oregon)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Re: Anybody a `Zona Fan tonite ??

Go Zona!! Course if the Ducks lose, FSU moves up a notch and we won't play them if the first round? Who would be #4? Go Zona... I think.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

I'm about as neutral as you get on this one. I have no animosity toward either team or either HC. OSU would be the likely benefactor of an Oregon loss, but I see either of those teams as good challenges in the playoffs, so it's a wash. Good popcorn game.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

A good buddy went to 'Zona, so it is easy for me.

Knowing him, he will probably be at their BB game, if they have one.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Oregon without their starting center!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/05/oregon-ducks-plan-to-rewrite-recent-history-against-arizona-wildcats/

Oregon shuffled its offensive line multiple times this season due to injuries, and Friday will be no different. Senior leader and starting center
Hroniss Grasu has been ruled out for the game due to a left leg injury.

Change your bets?
:)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Rooting for the Wildcats tonight - anything can happen - Zona is a good team and seem to have the Ducks' number.

But MM is a very good QB!

I like what Coast said though....get Amari closer to that Heisman - works for me!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Idk who to pull for. On one hand I would pull for zona to give cooper a chance for the heisman with them winning and giving mariotta a bad game, but on the other hand it would be sweet to beat fsu and Oregon with both of their fanbases desperately wanting a shot at us only for us to bring them back down to earth. I guess I'll pull for neither.
^^^^^This. I don't really care; to be the best you have to beat the best, if Bama can't beat them, then Bama ain't the best.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I could care less but I'm picking Arizona to win again. Not because I'm hoping for another upset, I just think Arizona's a better team.
Mariotta is a phenomenal player, but the Ducks don't really have the surrounding cast they normally do.
Of course, the risk taker(me), is also picking Wisconsin to beat Ohio State by three touchdowns, and FSU to lose to Ga. Tech.
I'll stick with my final four...Bama, Baylor, TCU, FSU...with the Big 12 benefitting by not having a championship game.
Kinda weird I know, still keeping FSU in, even after predicting them to lose...
But they'd still be one of four power conference teams with one loss...
Arizona, if they win, may be a slight possibility, but I can't see it happening.
sip

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'm pulling for 'Zona for two primary reasons.

1) Create an opening for Coop to seize the Heisman because he IS the best player in CFB and has faced 7 more Top 60 Defenses than Mariota.

2) Give B1GTide's Buckeye's a chance to get in because even though GT could beat FSU... I wouldn't bet on it.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

Oregon without their starting center!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/05/oregon-ducks-plan-to-rewrite-recent-history-against-arizona-wildcats/

Oregon shuffled its offensive line multiple times this season due to injuries, and Friday will be no different. Senior leader and starting center
Hroniss Grasu has been ruled out for the game due to a left leg injury.

Change your bets?
:)
This isn't new news. Oregon has been playing without him for the last couple of games.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

I had to look up where it's being played. Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.

The Birkenstock Bowl comes to mind.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.