****Bama vs. Mizzou - Pregame Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Good morning! It is a rainy morning..not sure about Atlanta. I am glad our game is in the dome..so weather isn't a factor in this game.

Today is a good day to win our 24th SEC championship. :)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I really hope Alabama wins the SEC championship, but they won the SEC West, and I said before Nick Saban came along that all we can really hope for is for Alabama to contend for SEC titles. There's only been one season in which that didn't happen under Saban.

I'm proud of what the team has accomplished, they've had some close calls and found a way to win and win or lose from here on out I'll remember the team fondly.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Today I suffer the consequences of my foolishness.

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Look at what we lost, people, from last year. So this summer I was figuring this year was unlikely to end with us in Atlanta, figuring we'd lose at least twice and that even if we did make it there (a la Mizzou), it wouldn't be for anything but place money.

So instead I took off to go to the Iron Bowl last week and didn't go out to BDS, stayed with friends (divorce lawyers tend to make your spending habits somewhat more thrifty) and watched the game. In exchange for the trip, I agreed to work today (and thus had this past Monday off as my comp day).

I am now suffering for my "unbelief" in the Tide's tenacity.....I have to work 6a-7p at the lab and doggone it if this ain't for a playoff berth. Slap me upside the head and tell me it's a kiss. So will be here and on ESPN GameCast and in and out of the break room as much as possible with the TV tuned to CBS (they didn't have CBS on our new TV here in the lab back in October so I missed the Ole Miss game).

RTR. Let's bring home another SEC title.

And head to N'awlins again!!! The Sugar Bowl will actually MEAN something this time.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Good morning and Roll Tide Roll. I had a nightmare last night that I watched a pee wee football game with ugly uniforms and ... Oh nevermind - its over RTR

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I really hope Alabama wins the SEC championship, but they won the SEC West, and I said before Nick Saban came along that all we can really hope for is for Alabama to contend for SEC titles. There's only been one season in which that didn't happen under Saban.

I'm proud of what the team has accomplished, they've had some close calls and found a way to win and win or lose from here on out I'll remember the team fondly.
I think the close calls have put that "we can still win no matter what" mentality in them, that same thing Auburn sometimes finds in their "magic years" (I know, wash my mouth out with soap). I remain convinced the one bad thing about 2011 is not that we lost to LSU - it's that we lost the ONLY close game all year long. We did have (go back and check the scores) a long period of time from after the Arky game in 2010 until aTm last year where every time we lost it was our only real challenging or close game. Okay, UGA in 2012, not aTm.

But if you look at our CLOSE GAMES prior to this year (post-2009), we don't do all that well in them. This year we've survived scrapes Arky and LSU and put away Auburn and MSU. This team has had its mettle tested and has come out winners all but once (and even against Ole Miss remember - we drove the length of the field and just fell short).

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Today I suffer the consequences of my foolishness.

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Look at what we lost, people, from last year. So this summer I was figuring this year was unlikely to end with us in Atlanta, figuring we'd lose at least twice and that even if we did make it there (a la Mizzou), it wouldn't be for anything but place money.

So instead I took off to go to the Iron Bowl last week and didn't go out to BDS, stayed with friends (divorce lawyers tend to make your spending habits somewhat more thrifty) and watched the game. In exchange for the trip, I agreed to work today (and thus had this past Monday off as my comp day).

I am now suffering for my "unbelief" in the Tide's tenacity.....I have to work 6a-7p at the lab and doggone it if this ain't for a playoff berth. Slap me upside the head and tell me it's a kiss. So will be here and on ESPN GameCast and in and out of the break room as much as possible with the TV tuned to CBS (they didn't have CBS on our new TV here in the lab back in October so I missed the Ole Miss game).

RTR. Let's bring home another SEC title.

And head to N'awlins again!!! The Sugar Bowl will actually MEAN something this time.
Sorry Selma!
Your post was a good reminder to us all about the realistic pre-season expectations for this team. Even after a few games into the season, it became clear that this team would have to find it within themselves to play better or become an 8-4, or at best a 9-3 team watching a group from Mississippi take the SEC title. And the team did it. They really pulled it together, coming back against LSU and Auburn specifically to end up at 11-1 and #1 in the CFP ranking thus far. Credit the players, credit the coaching, credit the heart of this team. If they don't make it past these Missouri tigers, I will do my best to keep in perspective how far this team came in a rebuilding year.

Good luck at work today. Roll Tide.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am glad we don't have to count on someone else losing...to get into the playoff. Just win and we are in.

Must be frustrating for the teams sitting on the outside of the top 4. (Baylor, OSU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.