Game Thread: Iowa State @ TCU

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
If Ohio St wins even by one point ,one of the Texas teams is out IMO. A win or loss by the buckeyes will set the direction on who is in or out, provided the tide rolls tonight.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
You may be exactly right if Baylor wins big. With TCU up 34-3, it seems hard to swallow that a team could be ranked #3, have that kind of win (or greater), and drop 2 or more spots. But the committee members have set several precedents already that are difficult to explain.
News flash- The committee is full of crap and can and will do whatever they want and will change the rules as needed to explain the selections. This is exactly what we all knew would happen, which is why no one wanted a committee except the people who want to make sure they get the matchups they want. They should have simply taken the top four of the BCS poll. Hopefully, the right teams will win so the committee can't screw it up.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
I see a lack of class. Up 34-3, late in the 3rd, TCU still playing their first string and passing every play against an overmatched ISU team.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The committee will say they were waiting for their resumes to be equal. They will be, basically, after today if Baylor wins. Will be interesting to see what happens in that scenario..

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
If Ohio St wins even by one point ,one of the Texas teams is out IMO. A win or loss by the buckeyes will set the direction on who is in or out, provided the tide rolls tonight.
Now that Oregon is definitely in, I hope Bama, FSU, and OSU win and the committee puts those teams in and leaves out the Big 12 teams because they don't have a championship game. Unfortunately, if a couple of those three teams loses, the Big 12 will probably get rewarded with two teams in the playoff, which may encourage other conferences to cancel their championship games.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
They got to get style points to stay in the top 4. This is what you get when you have a committee pick the finalist.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
TCU is doing what good teams are supposed to do in this spot. Oklahoma State blew their game against a similarly weak ISU team a few years ago - opened the door for Alabama. It is going to be very hard for the committee to move them out of the top 4 - I don't think that they will. IMO, 2 spots are now secure. 4 teams still alive for the last 2 spots.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Then the committee will lose all credibility.
No more than they have proven ready to accept when they ranked TCU 3 spots higher than Baylor throughout the process up to this point.

I agree with you, but they really seem to have rationalized this in their minds and are ready to accept the heat that comes along with it. Of course, they are bailed out if OSU and FSU lose tonight.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
No more than they have proven ready to accept when they ranked TCU 3 spots higher than Baylor throughout the process up to this point.

I agree with you, but they really seem to have rationalized this in their minds and are ready to accept the heat that comes along with it. Of course, they are bailed out if OSU and FSU lose tonight.
Maybe I should have said, "...what little credibility it has left." :)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
For all the people complaining about the committee's actions I just don't it. Especially with FSU. We have all complained in the past about an undefeated who clearly didn't match their high ranking. Two years ago it was ND. We all knew they didn't belong. Overall I think the comm. has it about right. My only gripe would be the inconsistent statements where they would contradict themselves. I think it would be better to release the rankings and then shut up. No spokespeople to try and explain the thinking of 13 other people.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
For all the people complaining about the committee's actions I just don't it. Especially with FSU. We have all complained in the past about an undefeated who clearly didn't match their high ranking. Two years ago it was ND. We all knew they didn't belong. Overall I think the comm. has it about right. My only gripe would be the inconsistent statements where they would contradict themselves. I think it would be better to release the rankings and then shut up. No spokespeople to try and explain the thinking of 13 other people.
My complaint is with TCU's ranking since they lost head-to-head to Baylor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.