Game Thread: Kansas State @ Baylor

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Baylor should be above TCU in the final rankings, assuming a win tonight.

The big debate becomes which team between Baylor and OSU deserves the 4th spot 9assuming fsu win, which I think is a given)...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Baylor should be above TCU in the final rankings, assuming a win tonight.

The big debate becomes which team between Baylor and OSU deserves the 4th spot 9assuming fsu win, which I think is a given)...
Ironically, the 4-team playoff has created more controversy than what would have resulted from the 2-team BCS playoff format. No one questions that Alabama and OSU should be the top 2 teams. I'm laughing at the hubris of the PTB.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ironically, the 4-team playoff has created more controversy than what would have resulted from the 2-team BCS playoff format. No one questions that Alabama and OSU should be the top 2 teams. I'm laughing at the hubris of the PTB.
Agreed- I was one of the seemingly few folks who argues the BCS almost always got it right - now we have this.

The more teams you add, the more nebulous it gets. But people want it to be 'fair', whatever that means.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Agreed- I was one of the seemingly few folks who argues the BCS almost always got it right - now we have this.

The more teams you add, the more nebulous it gets. But people want it to be 'fair', whatever that means.
I'm with you. The 2-team BCS playoff format is superior to the current format. The only tweak to the 2-team format might have been a conditional 4-team BCS playoff.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I've had more fun watching paint dry than this game. Baylor is not going to be in the final four discussion and hopefully they will come to grips with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Playing devils advocate: There are LOTS of ones that question OSU and Alabama being the top 2. Most of them are in PAC10+2 territory.

I can't figure out if the tOSU is for real or the beneficiary of being in the wussy Big Tenleventwelve. I suspect they are pretty danged good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.