Game Thread: Whisky VS OSU (Fox)

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Would they really drop TCU out since they are #3 and demolished a bad Iowa State team? I just don't see it. Bad precedent they are setting it seems. We will see tomorrow.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Won't lobby or try to predict what the committee will do. Just happy to still be in the hunt. If we make it, I will be very happy. If we do not, I will still be very happy. We have had an amazing season considering the adversity that we have faced.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I don't see how they can leave OSU out. No way.
I agree. Unless some miracle happens in the second half OSU will be a playoff team. I said on Tuesday that OSU has a big hurdle to climb, and so far they have climbed it.

I predict if FSU holds the lead and wins by any score, it is Oregon, Bama, FSU, OSU (pick whichever order you want) barring a second half OSU meltdown. TCU replaces FSU in the case of an FSU loss.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Won't lobby or try to predict what the committee will do. Just happy to still be in the hunt. If we make it, I will be very happy. If we do not, I will still be very happy. We have had an amazing season considering the adversity that we have faced.
Oregon is sweating bullets right now I guarantee you. They would make that a semi somehow...Rose Bowl tradition.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Would they really drop TCU out since they are #3 and demolished a bad Iowa State team? I just don't see it. Bad precedent they are setting it seems. We will see tomorrow.
TCU's loss is 'better' than OSU, but that was early in the season for OSU, previous (2nd string) QB, and this 3rd string QB is DESTROYING and solid Wisky team.

And the OSU D is REALLY impressive...

I'd have a hard time including TCU or Baylol over OSU based on what I'm seeing right now.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
TCU's loss is 'better' than OSU, but that was early in the season for OSU, previous (2nd string) QB, and this 3rd string QB is DESTROYING and solid Wisky team.

And the OSU D is REALLY impressive...

I'd have a hard time including TCU or Baylol over OSU based on what I'm seeing right now.
So you're thinking the B10 is a stronger conference than the B12?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
So you're thinking the B10 is a stronger conference than the B12?
Not sure, but I know that none of the three have played brutal schedule. I do know Wisky is a solid team and OSU is destroying them.

Sagarin says that before today TCU has played the toughest schedule, OSU next, then Baylol. After today, I suspect those numbers will shift solidly.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Not sure, but I know that none of the three have played brutal schedule. I do know Wisky is a solid team and OSU is destroying them.

Sagarin says that before today TCU has played the toughest schedule, OSU next, then Baylol. After today, I suspect those numbers will shift solidly.
Yes, they'll shift, especially if Baylor beats #9 K-State.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Right now I think Ohio St. would beat TCU or Baylor. I'm still hoping FSU takes a dive tonight and leaves a spot for them. If not I don't believe OSU gets in.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Right now I think Ohio St. would beat TCU or Baylor. I'm still hoping FSU takes a dive tonight and leaves a spot for them. If not I don't believe OSU gets in.
Agreed. OSU looks impressive on D as well as O. They look much better than I expected post-Barrett and I have to admit, they make me more nervous that any other 'contender'. Team full of studs.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I still think TCU is better than Ohio state but I really think the playoff committee is under immense pressure to include the Buckeyes if they win impressively tonight, which they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I still think TCU is better than Ohio state but I really think the playoff committee is under immense pressure to include the Buckeyes if they win impressively tonight, which they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If they include OSU, they'll have to establish some yet-to-be-discussed selection criteria.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.