I think Florida State would give us the biggest problems.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Out of all the games I've seen today, even though they prolly won't be in the play-off, I think outside of Bama, Ohio St has been the most impressive looking team in all facets of the game & would be a handful if we played them..Oregon & TCU offenses both looked great & would give our D a fit as well..But..I honestly thin Ohio St has an argument to made about them getting into the 4 team play-off..It's the 1st year & the system is already in a mess..And will leave out some teams that's got an argument to be made of them being included in the play-off..I think teams will be moaning & groaning about being left out..And will push to make it a 8-team play-off in the coming years..JMHO..

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Out of all the games I've seen today, even though they prolly won't be in the play-off, I think outside of Bama, Ohio St has been the most impressive looking team in all facets of the game & would be a handful if we played them..Oregon & TCU offenses both looked great & would give our D a fit as well..But..I honestly thin Ohio St has an argument to made about them getting into the 4 team play-off..It's the 1st year & the system is already in a mess..And will leave out some teams that's got an argument to be made of them being included in the play-off..I think teams will be moaning & groaning about being left out..And will push to make it a 8-team play-off in the coming years..JMHO..

If the playoffs were based on who is playing the best right now, Arkansas would be in the final four. Thankfully it's not and supposed to be based on a whole body of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's true & I agree 100% with ya..Ohio St has lost only one game & prolly wont make it in the play-off because I've seen everyone on TV saying TCU or Baylor will be in the playoff & Ohio St will be left out..I think Ohio st's body of work this year has been as impressive as any of the 1 loss teams has..As long as Bama remains #1..I don't care who the other 3 teams gets in with us..I just think Ohio St should be one of those teams & from all the TV commentators have all said Ohio St won't be in the top 4 & makes it into the play-off..
If the playoffs were based on who is playing the best right now, Arkansas would be in the final four. Thankfully it's not and supposed to be based on a whole body of work.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Arkansas lost to Mizzou last week, but I get your point and agree. That is why I will not be upset if we get left out. I am old school and believe that every game matters.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Arkansas lost to Mizzou last week, but I get your point and agree. That is why I will not be upset if we get left out. I am old school and believe that every game matters.
agree... yet it would not surprise me if Ohio State is the 4th team and the Big 12 is left completely out while they sort out their One True Champion.

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Ohio State should jump right in at #3. If FSU was #4 before then they really didn't show anything worthy of moving up. TCU should have never been #3 in the first place, but what Ohio State did to Wisconsin tonight is far more impressive than anything TCU did all year, and TCU lost their own conference's bowl selection tiebreaker to Baylor. Until the Big XII has a true champion, they should be left out in the cold. As for FSU, I'd rather play them first than the complete unknown that is Ohio State. Is OSU that good with their third QB or did Wisconsin just fall apart after things started going badly for them? I'd rather let our coaches see another game before having to plan for them, assuming we beat FSU.

Last edited:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Depends on what we scheme up for the long ball. They have a guy that can throw it and guys that can catch it. If we can limit the damage by long pass, we beat them like baby seals.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Ohio State should jump right in at #3. If FSU was #4 before then they really didn't show anything worthy of moving up. TCU should have never been #3 in the first place, but what Ohio State did to Wisconsin tonight is far more impressive than anything TCU did all year, and TCU lost their own conference's bowl selection tiebreaker to Baylor. Until the Big XII has a true champion, they should be left out in the cold. As for FSU, I'd rather play them first than the complete unknown that is Ohio State. Is OSU that good with their third QB or did Wisconsin just fall apart after things started going badly for them? I'd rather let our coaches see another game before having to plan for them, assuming we beat FSU.
I think tOSU deserves the 4th spot, but should be below undefeated FSU due to the VA Tech loss.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
FSU's defense has been steadily going down hill and we would have our way. Our defense is not as bad as you guys let on. We would have our way with them.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think any of the playoff teams will give us struggles because of our secondary issues at times. All of them can throw the ball, and big plays will occur against us. Can any of them stop us ?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.