I think Florida State would give us the biggest problems.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Arkansas lost to Mizzou last week, but I get your point and agree. That is why I will not be upset if we get left out. I am old school and believe that every game matters.
I remember some B12 coaches spinning that they did not want to expand and have that extra tough game to play (when they were trying to make their collapsing conference look better) and that is what I would use to put OSU ahead of TCU and Baylor. OSU had to win that extra tough game at the end. Their spin was right on and now it will haunt them, I hope. This is not the same as, say, Michigan State, who would have played it. B12 has BUILT IN advantage when it come to one loss teams.

always4bama

1st Team
Dec 14, 2006
Decatur, Alabama, United States
I hope we break the FSU charm that they seem to have in every game. They seem to have found a way to win games that their opponent had an advantage in. I also agree that if we contain the long pass we WIN! I feel we will contain Cook easily in the run game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Of all the possible teams, FSU is a team that I don't think we can "make their arse quit".
I agree, but think that Alabama would be a double digit favorite to win the game. They don't quit, but Alabama doesn't care.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I think Oregon would give us the biggest problem of the top four teams. Mariotta is an amazing quarterback and I'm afraid would shred our secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I think Oregon would give us the biggest problem of the top four teams. Mariotta is an amazing quarterback and I'm afraid would shred our secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Our d line is as good as our dbs are bad on the deep ball only for some reason. But both qbs are capable of great games but Mariotta is more consistent.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I remember some B12 coaches spinning that they did not want to expand and have that extra tough game to play (when they were trying to make their collapsing conference look better) and that is what I would use to put OSU ahead of TCU and Baylor. OSU had to win that extra tough game at the end. Their spin was right on and now it will haunt them, I hope. This is not the same as, say, Michigan State, who would have played it. B12 has BUILT IN advantage when it come to one loss teams.
Well, you know the B12 motto.....2 true champions. I wonder if it worked out that Kstate shared the title as well, if their new motto would be 3 true champions

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
The Ducks would give us the most issues IMO. Teams who try to out physical (FSU would) Bama lose that battle 99% of the time. Teams who spread the field with smaller quicker athletes and call plays at hyper speed give our guys tons of issues. I think we win either way but the Ducks do scare me.

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
I'm in the camp that says Oregon will give Bama the most problems.
HOWEVER ... Auburn managed to figure them out and shut them down pretty well a few years back, so I am confident Alabama can and will, especially with a whole extra month to work with our DBs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.