4) Ohio State

Meyer vs Saban again......

Mariota vs Winston

Story lines!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
And when he realizes there's no place he can coach where he is guaranteed to not have to face Nick Saban, Urban Meyer will quit coaching football once and for all.
he won't quit, he will "take time off to spend more time with family" which translates to working for ESPN for a year and then coaching somewhere else.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Florida State
4) Ohio State

Meyer vs Saban again......

Mariota vs Winston

Story lines!
Give me your analysis of the OSU resume versus those of TCU and Baylor. Would love to know how you are placing OSU above them, especially considering the fact that OSU has only beaten 2 currently ranked teams (Michigan State and Wisconsin) and of course Wisconsin hasn't beaten any teams that are currently ranked.

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I don't necessarily disagree - because I don't know how it will shake out. But I do think they will manage somehow to match Alabama and FSU in the semifinal.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Give me your analysis of the OSU resume versus those of TCU and Baylor. Would love to know how you are placing OSU above them, especially considering the fact that OSU has only beaten 2 currently ranked teams (Michigan State and Wisconsin) and of course Wisconsin hasn't beaten any teams that are currently ranked.
Recent wins. The committee seems to be a "What have you done for me lately" crowd. Ohio State is coming off a 59-0 win over Wisky in the Big 10 Championship. WHO would have predicted that would have happened?

Ohio State EASILY stole the headlines of the day. They stole the show. That score against Wisky was a double taker. I was shocked by it. I had to look twice. A lot feel that same way.

Baylor won 48-46 over a weak bottom feeder in Texas Tech last week. Hell, Vanderbilt could beat Texas Tech.
They didn't exactly look dominant in all phases against K State either. Baylor has a lot of fatal flaws within their team.

Baylor owns the head to head over TCU. Therefore, Ohio State gets in for looking the most impressive out of everyone on Conference championship weekend. Plus Ohio State was already on the cusp of getting in sitting there at #5. That 59-0 blowout over Wisky is enough to catapult them in the top 4.

TCU has beat nobody.........................

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I think they'll move Oregon to 1 to matchup with Ohio St. at 4. Bama and FSU will be 2 and 3 for the Sugar. Or they may leave Bama at 1 and jump Ohio St. to 3. Either way, they get their sexy, regional, traditional tie in bowls.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I agree with anyone who has OSU in over the Big12 teams. Their SOS is 10 spots better than either team and they are a 'True Champion' by winning a League Title game.

If the Big12 wants to get in the dance then play a Title game like everybody else...that goes for ND in any future years too!!

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
No way the Big 12 gets in without a conference championship game. All the other conferences had to play an extra high level game. The Playoff Committee needs to send a message to the Big 12 that they need to get a Conference Championship game.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Recent wins. The committee seems to be a "What have you done for me lately" crowd. Ohio State is coming off a 59-0 win over Wisky in the Big 10 Championship. WHO would have predicted that would have happened?

Ohio State EASILY stole the headlines of the day. They stole the show. That score against Wisky was a double taker. I was shocked by it. I had to look twice. A lot feel that same way.

Baylor won 48-46 over a weak bottom feeder in Texas Tech last week. Hell, Vanderbilt could beat Texas Tech.
They didn't exactly look dominant in all phases against K State either. Baylor has a lot of fatal flaws within their team.

Baylor owns the head to head over TCU. Therefore, Ohio State gets in for looking the most impressive out of everyone on Conference championship weekend. Plus Ohio State was already on the cusp of getting in sitting there at #5. That 59-0 blowout over Wisky is enough to catapult them in the top 4.

TCU has beat nobody.........................
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This times 1 million

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
This will probably be reaching, and admittedly I'm trying to justify an Oregon FSU matchup by whatever means necessary, but.....I've heard from many Bama fans on here saying how well Bama fans travel. Even if not a single FSU fan showed up in New Orleans, would the stadium not still be fully packed with nothing but Bama fans? And there would be enough Oregon fans showing up in Pasadena, along with a large chunk of FSU fans, as well as some locals who aren't affiliated with either team (like the Stanford fans that came to the PAC Championship game just because the venue was nearby).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.